Sunday, October 14, 2007

Longer than expected

Everything is taking a lot longer than expected right now. I have a bit of a problem with the power supply on my computer, and nearly a week later I am still waiting for the part. It is significantly slowing me down when I try to blog or check email, hurry up part!

Something else that took longer than expected was sewing this little Jack-o-lantern. For such a tiny thing, it sure took a long time, nearly 2 hours! (And the stem is a little too large.)
I didn't go to a single yard sale this weekend. We have been working like crazy on our flower beds (hate that job, I am so not a gardener) and visiting the local pumpkin patch. Wandering through the sorghum maze was pretty cool.
And this year Jack was big enough to climb all the way to the top of the straw pyramid. Of course once he was at the top the first time he panicked a little about coming back down, but once he got the hang of it he never wanted to leave.

Here's hoping I get my rear in gear soon, I have Jack's birthday, a birthday party, and Halloween all quickly approaching, and I am not ready for any of them. Maybe they will take longer than expected to arrive?

14 comments:

  1. Cute Jack-o-lantern, even if it did take two hours! Did you make up the pattern yourself? I'm about to try some felt pumpkins tonight with a pattern from Pattern Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping for Christmas to take longer than expected to arrive! And I love your little jack-o-lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little jack-o-lantern is very sweet! :) That straw pyramid is so great! I haven't seen anything like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pumpkins and your son looks cute way up on the hay.

    Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those white pumpkins...especially the one you made!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute jack-o-lantern and cute Jack! That straw pyramid looks like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that little dotted jac-o-lantern !! Today I was planning to go to whole foods for white pumpkins,but it is a torrential downpour here in big D! The pumpkin patches we go to only have orange ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great time was had by all this weekend and hey I would be over the moon if I could make something like your Jack O Lantern in just 2 hours I think it would take me something like 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The jack-o-lantern is very cute. I havent actually carved one in years... that's what those foam pumpkins from Micheal's are doing to our culture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE the pumpkin! SOOOO cute!! Great job! Hope your week is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love that straw pyramid!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My computers been having issues too lately... maybe it is in the air? :)
    Hope your issues are fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hookers. Jack is so cute.
    I love the Jack o lantern and I love his big stem. Cool colors with the black and white, I love it.
    See you tomorrow for Tablecloth Thursday....:) Bren

    http://benzy55.typepad.com/my_weblog/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a great picture of Jack at the top of the hay stack. He is getting to be such a big boy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?