Wednesday, October 24, 2007

On the third day of Halloween

The Great Pumpkin gave to me:
Two 1980's vintage Halloween costumes in the box, a lucky thrift store find.
One never worn Ragdoll...
...and one well loved witch. I think the witch is way cooler than the Ragdoll, but since it was 50% off day, I couldn't leave the Ragdoll behind.

These are the type of masks that were used on the pumpkins in that Country Home (or was it Country Living?) magazine. I found them at a thrift that has clearly lost their mind. They have everything in there marked at crazy, insane prices. When I took them to the register the woman started going on about how old they were (is 1980 really that old? LOL), and for a moment there I thought she was going to say they were meant to be $100 like nearly everything else in there.
Jack and I found seed pods outside of his school today. (Black Locust, I think.) They make great maracas. Of course he had to tear into one to see what was making that noise inside. They have an interesting smell too.

And he has informed me that his cute onesie is really "pajamas" and he was not too keen on wearing his pajamas to school. The waffle texture must be confusing.

I wonder what the Great Pumpkin has in store for tomorrow? :-)

14 comments:

  1. Maybe it's just me but that ragdoll costume is freaking me out! Love the witch, though. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now those type of costumes sure bring back memories! The masks. I totally remember kids wearing those kinds of masks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those costumes are way cool.

    Those seed pods remind me of ones we called "hot beans" when we were kids. If you rub one against your pants, it would heat up from the friction (anything would do that), but we thought it was really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure Jack isn't under thebed hiding from your recent "Vinatge" finds! scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are serious thrift store queen! You always come up on some cool goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those costumes are cute. Hard to believe they're only from 1980 -- it seems like that style is so much older than that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta Love the Great Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those bring back memories of when my childern were little. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Roxanne on the ragdoll costume. Too freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you found a "holy grail " of thrifting with those vintage 'stumes!!! I totally eyed some on E-bay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a Halloween picture from the mid sixties of my husband and his sister when they were little. My sister-in-law is wearing that same witch costume. What a great thrift find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel so old. I remember those kind of custumes when I was a kid in the 60's. I can almost smell that funny smell they had. What a find Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. UGH.... costumes. Costumes. I can spell. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh! This post just gave me the biggest smile, I would swear that I once had one very like the ragdoll one... or maybe it was Bozo... anyhow, good fun, and good memories.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?