Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I am a follower

Do you think Jen will just let me be her shadow*? I pretty much am anyway. She made some gorgeous monogrammed dishtowels a week or so ago, and of course I had to have my own. I made a pattern on an index card, cut it out and used my old friend Steam-A-Seam II. She's right about these making great gifts, they are so darn cute!
At some point during the summer she organized a fabric swap, 500 5 inch squares of fabric. I have gotten so much mileage out of those squares of fabric. I made all the monograms on the towels with them, I made the owls on the owl quilt with them, I covered a lampshade with them, I made a shirt for Jack with them, and who knows what else I have used them for.

Anytime I need small pieces of fabric I just pull out my little box of fabric squares and go to town. I love having all those choices without having to buy all that fabric. And look how many squares I still have left. Best swap ever.

*I would have said groupie, but googling the word groupie does not yield a pretty picture. Of course, now that I have mentioned the word groupie, I have to throw in a gratuitous picture of my boyfriend, you all remember Jon, right? LOL
Ok, enough foolishness. Happy Tuesday everyone.

20 comments:

  1. I adore those dishtowels! They would ALMOST make washing dishes fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, that is one "HOT" boyfriend you've got there!LOL Nice towels too, and what fun to play with 500 squares!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh can I copy you Sarah, I love the dish towels !!! Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dishtowels!! I love how these craft blogs give each of us so many ideas and inspiration.

    I don't think I'd seen your lampshade until you linked to it now. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The towels are just a cute as they can be!

    Hey, hey hey!! Get your mits off Jon. He's mine! No, now that I think about it, I'm over him. "You can have him", she says with a sniff and toss of her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! You are one busy crafty gal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer6:44 PM

    Those towels are adorable! I may hve to jump on that bandwagon s soon as I have time!

    And the fabric swap sounds awesome! You'll have to let me know if she does it again. I'd love to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're a sweet girl. Thanks for the props. :-) I love your version, and the recipient will, too. I bought six more packs of seven so I guess I oughta get busy, huh? Yes, that stack of 500 is a real go-to pile for me as well. LOL on being a Jon BonJovi groupie. I think he's around my age, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No wonder your a follower, rhose are fab!!!!! Im going to be one too now. Your boyfriend is kinda hot!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I be a follower, too? Those are so cute! I still need to try applique and yes, these are perfect gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your suggestions yesterday. i ended up getting some pretty, clear (plastic) balls with glitter snowflakes on them, and some big silver jingle bells. I also added some light blue strips and took out some tulle. It looks much better. Trouble is, my dh likes it and doesn't want me to give it to my swap partner!

    Thanks also for sharing that picture of your boyfriend. A former "Jersey Girl" myself, it's always a pleasure to see my old neighbor, Jon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are cute! I love having all those squares too! I must say all that cutting was definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have q Bon Jovi 2003 Bounce" World Tour Book tha I would love to send you. I have to keep my conert Tee and my guitar pick from Richie though......

    You can email me at monkeybox at juno dot com and I will get it to you. (There are fuh-ine photos of Johnny Boy.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ya, I love that fabric swap. Would like to get in on another fabric swap. Since you get lots of readers howz' 'bout you host one???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vicki3:59 AM

    Hi Sarah. I love those towels too. I had the students at work use twill tape with them to make sewing machine covers. They are the perfect size. Thanks for sharing a great project. Vicki at Hollyhocks.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those dishtowels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl, JBJ is gonna be in state in April. I don't know about where you are but he'll be in KC. We are having a HUGE night out on the town - dinner, his concert, party van. If he isn't there, come here and join the fun!

    Cheers! LA

    PS Love the towels. Glad you shared the love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute dishtowels Sarah!

    I wish I'd signed up for Jen's fabric swap. I love seeing what you've done with some of those squares. I think Dana's got a great idea! If you host, I'll definitely sign up! :)

    And that boyfriend of yours...he's one fine lookin' man!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was going through your 5" square projects, and who do I see? My Jon! mm-mm-m!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?