Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We are family

We ventured into Hancock's for a few minutes on Friday so I could buy some much needed thread (I am using several spools a month!), and discovered that flannel was on sale for 99 cents a yard. We let Jack pick out a few prints for new pants, and at some point on Sunday he came upstairs telling me that he "needed to sew with the car fabric" and right now please. He spent a few minutes play sewing with his toy machine, and then his father made him some pajama pants using this tutorial .

Yes, you read that right, Dave made him those pants! When we make the next pair we will not taper the bottom (we used a pair of sweat pants as the pattern), and make them a little more generous in the butt area. Ugh, well, Dave will do those things. I don't make clothes.

Jack never wanted to take his Lightening pants off.
While Dave was sewing Jack was learning to use scissors. Love that Charlie Brown tongue. LOL He spent a full hour just cutting up paper and he has wanted to do it again every day since. Of course I let him. Hey, it keeps him entertained.

Let's not discuss that haircut though, ok?
Since it is sort of warm today we worked on a Christmas card photo this morning. This one didn't make the cut, and let me tell you, getting him to take a picture while standing on a background and holding a wreath? Please, never let me do that again. LOL The end result is cute, even if it did require 100 candy corns.

And one for the memory box: On the way to bed last night Jack asked Dave if he could have a muffin. "We don't have anymore muffins Jack." "But why not?" "We just don't." (Insert much whining here.) "You can whine until the cows come home, but there aren't any more muffins Jack." (Thoughtful pause.) "Well, maybe the cows could bring me muffins?"

Hahahaha.

Now if I could just get the two of them out of my sewing room...

20 comments:

  1. What a little whipper-snapper! That's too funny.

    And I'm pretty impressed that your husband made him pants.

    I still need to try for a Christmas card picture. It's so easy to put off though... - just the thought of it!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw I am impressed....

    ReplyDelete
  3. heeheehee...so cute. I love the wreath & idea. Last year I bribed James with Oreos. :)

    Those pants are adorable. I am very impressed with your husband. (I cannot let James see this post or he would die of jealousy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's wearing pants now? Killer sale! Wish I would have known that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Jack is a riot! Also, I'm not sure how much candy you're feeding him, but he looks thrilled to bits in every single photo you post. You must be the best mom ever to have such a happy little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!! I'm super impressed!!

    I was at Target tonight and saw an ornament (well, actually a whole collection) that made me think of you. It was a white bottle-brush snowflake with pastel glittery (wooden?) beads on the ends. It was totally you.

    Not that you need another ornament! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed dad made the pants! And what do you mean, you don't sew clothes? I think you'd enjoy it.

    I bet the cards are really cute. And hey, I still hold my tongue like that when I use scissors. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy toledo - pants by daddy?! impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Cute Jack. Cute post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! That is a charming post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A husband who sews pajama's? Very cool! and Muffin bringing cows! Wow, you've had quite a day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, if the cows come home, shouldn't they bring something?

    Yeah for Daddy's pants making! Guess Jack's changed his mind about wearing pants...at least pants made by his Dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cute. And how neat that your husband sews!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh how I would love to meet those cows that deliver muffins - how wonderful would that be? lol. that was too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, he is a crafty little fellow! Sounds like you've got a future philosopher on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your husband made those pants? AMAZING! :)

    Cows and muffins. Hehehe

    Oh yeah, I just posted the ornament activity. I hope you can use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha ha ha -- funny boy.

    My Joe used to be able to sew better than me. Sometimes he sits at my machine to sew on patches. I flip out. He's welcome to use my old machine, but not my new one. (and I admit that I sometimes ask Joe sewing questions when I'm doing things.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How awesome is that!!! My husband would probably sew himeself into the pants!
    Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - impressive! Ryan used to ask me to teach him to sew. I should've gotten him into it when I had my chance.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sewing abounds! Those are cute pjs. I like the picture of Jack behind the wreath - we'll have to keep that in mind when Katrina gets older.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?