Monday, December 31, 2007

Hapde New Year

Last year as we were ringing in the New Year, I had a moment to actually have a nice reflection on the passing of time.
This year I am completely without any sort of reflection, and I have given no thought to the year ahead.
Jack was up until 2 am last night. As in had not yet had a wink of sleep until 2 am. It was a really hairy night around here, and I am more like a zombie than I have been since he was a tiny infant. It was just a bad, bad night in so many ways.
So, instead of dwelling on that (or the toothpicks that are holding my eyes open), I thought I would revisit some of my favorite photos of this past year. Moments where everything is bright and shiny and lovely and everything was going just the way it should.

Because really, way more often than not, everything around here *is* bright and shiny and pretty much going the way it should.
And I always have all of you to share it with. This little bit from last year could not be more true this year:

"I want to take a moment to thank each and everyone of you who stops in here daily, or weekly, or even occassionally to see what we are up to. You inspire me with your own blogs, you amaze me with your kindness, you encourage and support me with your comments and emails. What a terrific group of women (and a man or two) you all are!"

I hope that 2008 is full of bright and shiny and lovely for each and every one of you.

Cheers!

29 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing your adventures in 2008. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yikes, here's to getting more sleep in 2008, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2008 Sarah!! You inspire each of us with your creativity and projects! I wish you and your family a Happy New Year (and lots more sleep)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog- it means the world to me.
    I stopped by here earlier and read about your sleep deprivation..poor thing! I remember those days..feeling like a walking zombie...hope he gives his mama a break! Happy New year! Love the sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Looking forward to reading more in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thank YOU Sarah, for inspiring ME in '07!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Sarah and family! I hope that the New Year brings all of you some restful sleep. It sure has been fun keeping up with Jack's adventures and watching him grow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! I am looking forward to reading your blog in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah what gorgeous photos of Jack. After a bad night or day it is always a good idea to look at photos like this to remind yourself of all of the good and fun times you have.
    Wishing you all the best for the year ahead.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vicki@hollyhocks.typepad.com7:52 AM

    Happy New Year Sarah! I hope you can get a nap in later. I look forward to lots more of Jack's adventures in 2008...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! And Happy New Year nap that should be coming your way. That picture in the owl costume is just so stinkin cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year, Sarah and Jack! Sadie recently "re-found" the bottle that Jack sent her over the summer and has been playing with it a ton, so we are thinking of you frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy, happy new year to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sure 2008 started with a whimper for you and all will be well! Take care and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well my dear, he'll be 16 before you know it so try to enjoy it even during the all-nighters. I promise; you WILL miss it! Jack is adorable and so lucky to have you for a mom. Much love to you and your boys in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sarah-
    Thanks for such an inspiring blog! I hear ya on the no sleep thing. Good luck. Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Right back at you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, the joys of motherhood. Life is never the same as it was, huh?

    I look forward to reading what you are up to and keeping in touch.

    About your question on my blog. I do not have a ruffler nor do I make my ruffles by hand. I make long basting stitches with my machine and gather. If I'm using thicker fabric or making a longer ruffle, I use thicker thread and do it by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hapde New Year to you too Sarah!

    Here's hoping you (and Jack) are snuggled down, sleeping soundly tonight. :)

    Thanks for sharing all the wonderful photos of Jack again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can definately understand the no sleep thing. Your pictures are so adorable, I especially like the little owl costume, did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy New Year to YOu too Sarah and lets toast to good nights and time for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year to you and Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your photos of Jack. Supercute!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really enjoy stopping by and look forward to seeing you get more sleep!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. jennifer6:19 PM

    We met you in the middle on this particular night. Our kiddo had a cold that (we found out today) became ear infections in BOTH ears! He was up at 3:00 AM yesterday morning, not to go back to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Here's to all the shiny and bright of 2008.... Cheers! LA

    ReplyDelete
  27. way to have a great attitude after a night of little sleep. for that I applaude you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just catching up on a bit of blog reading... Hope you are having a wonderful new year so far! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?