Monday, December 24, 2007

I will hear Santa's bells

We have had a busy few days around here! We took Jack to historic St Charles on Sunday to see the train displays and the Santa parade. It was so cold we watched most of the parade from the car while munching on delicious Christmas cookies. Jack loved seeing all of the different Santas (they have Pere Noel, Santa Lucia, Frontier Santa and more) and the parade was much too short for his liking.
When Jack woke up on Christmas Eve he told me "I will hear Santa's bells when I go to sleep again," and he was so tired by the end of a busy day that I am sure he did hear Santa's bells.

We had a visit to the local hardware store to see their big train display, our small family gathering complete with the Christmas ham, and a trip to church for Christmas Eve service. (He was really way too tired to enjoy church at all. He refused to nap yesterday and by 8 pm he was getting to be a wreck. I couldn't' skip church though, it isn't Christmas to me without singing Silent Night in the candlelight at church.)
Bright and early this morning he was ready to see if Santa had indeed left presents under the downstairs tree. As we were making our way to the basement he caught a glimpse of David closing the basement door and he said in his most excited voice, "I see him down there!".

There was the usual flurry of wrapping paper, and much excitement upon seeing that Santa had indeed left many of the things on his little wish list. He has been down there playing with it all for hours now.

It's so nice to be able to make his little dreams come true, and that is all the Christmas I really needed.
When David asked Jack what he wanted to get me for Christmas he replied, "How about an acorn for her tree?", so I was the happy recipient of some gorgeous woodland type ornaments. Just seeing them makes me want to get out the green feather tree, all of my old glass birds and do a woodland tree. I think I will when the pink Martha tree comes down this week.

And I want to wish a very Merry Christmas to you too!

12 comments:

  1. Sarah, you do not need dessert, Jack is so darn sweet, he is all you need. I tell you he is the sweetest boy. Merry Chraistmas xoxoxo Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack is so precious, I love his little green tie. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie cakes! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. leslie11:46 AM

    love those sweet ornaments, he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah what lovely photos of Jack. He looks so cute in his trousers,shirt and tie. What a happy face he has unwrapping his presents.
    Enjoy your family christmas.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jack looks so cute all dressed up with his green tie! I hope you guys had a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack is so adorable. Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jack face is beaming. What a special present for you. Merry Christmas Love Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jack sounds so adorable. I like the sounds of your acorn tree...hope you set it up so we can see some pics! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a Merry Christmas, Sarah! Jack looks too cute in that little tie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is so cute in his little button-up shirt and tie! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?