Thursday, December 20, 2007

Jack and the Baby Jesus

Last Friday at preschool Jack made the Baby Jesus ornament on the left, the toilet paper tube one. He is completely enthralled with this thing. He immediately hung it up on the tree in the living and requested a tree in the basement specifically to hang his Baby Jesus on.

On Monday he took the Baby Jesus for a ride with him on his "vroom, vroom."

He was thrilled to discover another Baby Jesus in my ornament box, a margarine lid Nativity ornament that I made when I was 4 years old. He swears that is his Baby Jesus also.

And no Baby Jesus in the neighborhood has gone unnoticed either. I think we have spotted every blow mold Baby Jesus within 10 miles of our house. I wonder what he would think if I reminded him that he was once that Baby Jesus in the church Christmas pageant? LOL I sure am getting a kick out of the fascination.
I finally finished the big glittery tree. The photos are not so great, but at this rate I will not have sorted out the new camera until after New Years. (Jack has a head cold and he is very prone to gigantic temper tantrums at the moment.)

I really need to figure out how to make the top of this tree stand up straight again. I can't even get a tree topper on it this year.
800 tiny twinkling lights, something like 400 vintage ornaments, 6 strands of glass bead garland and many hours of patiently hanging precious ornaments.
This is the best I could do at capturing the sparkle.

I love to lie in bed (it's in our bedroom, away from kids and cats) and just watch it glow.

If you need to see more of the ornaments, you can view my slide show from last year here .

I know that many of you are off very soon to travel to your families, so Happy Holidays to you!

30 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas tree is magnificent! Truly.

    And how is it that Jack, being so young, is focused on the very right thing this season? AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sarah, that tree is a show stopper. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. {sigh} I love it. Love it love it love it. :D

    I have to admit that the perpendicular top makes me giggle though. What on earth happened to that poor thing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the way the ornaments look on a white tree. Makes me want to ditch our traditional green one. But I know the troops would revolt if I did. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgous! And I can just imagine how lovely it is in your beroom when you are ready to settle for the night. :)

    Jack will probably freak if you tell him he was the baby Jesus in the pageant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tree. I hope Jack feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - that tree is super sparkly fantastic!! I love it!

    My colleague spent a fortune on toys for her 4 year old last year but her favourite Christmas gift was a snow globe with the nativity scene in the middle - she was even taking it to bed with her!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mama and Jack,
    Firstly,your Christmas tree is just GORGEOUS rockin for sure! I surely would love to see it in person, as the photos most positively dont do it justice. Great going mama. Secondly, Jack being the age he is ( having 2 youngsters in my house also) I believe they love to see a baby, #1, but secondly, I think the innocence that they all have, they just might really really "get it" in their own little kid way.

    Have a very Blessed and wonderful Christmas!
    all the best for the new year!
    Lisa
    coastalnest

    ReplyDelete
  10. that ornament is so sweet! i have a little jack too! i love those trees!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Popsicle stick Jesus so very, very much....

    That's a keeper for years to come...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that has to be the most beautiful Christmas tree I've ever seen. Just gorgeous.

    So sweet that Jack has the baby Jesus fascination. And his ornament is so precious. This is such a fun age, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:41 PM

    Oh, Sarah! I love how much Jack LOVES his ornament! So sweet.

    Your tree is just amazing - flattop and all. I can only imagine how twinkly and sparkly it must be in person - great job. It reminds me of a little girl playing dress-up wearing bracelets all the way up her arms, wearing necklace upon necklace and rings on each finger - pure decadence. I just love it.
    ~dawn
    http://ohsopretty.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soooo sparkly! I LOVE it! It reminds me of our tree in our room with lots of lovely and breakable ornaments to gaze at. Most of my vintage ones are safe displayed in the china hutch but maybe one day they will be allowed to migrate to our white light tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ALL I CAN SAY IS: GORGEOUS! I love Jack's infatuation with the reason for the season. That's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love he christmas tree. What a cute little baby Jesus Jack made.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh that tree is amazing! LOVE it!!! With the top of it, I usually fold it down so it's double as thick and it usually stays straight for me, or fold it triple even.
    Love the ornament of baby Jesus that Jack made, it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A tree in the bedroom, that is brilliant! That is the most romantic tree I have ever seen. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh that tree is awesome! Almost as awesome as the TP tube baby Jesus :) What a sweetie your kid is.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah, like everything you do, the tree is a work of art. Have a very lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous11:30 AM

    Wow what a tree and Jacks baby Jesus is so adorable! Merry Christmas to you all.
    Carolyn
    Willow House

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my! How cute is he!

    And I LOVE LOVE that tree! Beautiful is an under statement!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jack's ornaments are soo sweet.


    Ohhhh my gosh, your tree. I think I am drooling, love it. Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow what a gorgeouse collection of ornaments you have!! Wish it was mine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. i want one of those in my room too!! and i love how jack is holding his baby jesus so close!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Vintage is so wonderful...I have been looking for a new tree this year....maybe white is the way to gp????? Love the Baby Jesus story! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gosh your tree is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Merry Christmas and manny Christmas Blessings. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jack is so precious, I love his little ornament. And the tree is stunning, really.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?