Saturday, December 15, 2007

Kick in the pants

Apparently posting my panic here on the blog was, as my grandpa would say, a swift kick in the pants for me. I got the majority of the shopping done, the cards mailed, the ornaments on the tree, and we took Jack to a local Christmas light display. Jack is crazy for Christmas lights this year! He loved driving through the light display this year, and wanted to go over and over again. As we were exiting the display he said something that I would not ordinarily put on the blog, but I don't ever want to forget this one. He asked his father, very seriously, "did you toot in the woods?" Man that kid makes me laugh. LOL

It snowed a lot last night, and there is more to come this evening. Finally, the "piles and piles of snow" that Jack has been wishing for. And unlike previous years Jack actually is enjoying it. Riding in the sled, making snowballs, and falling down in it, just like he told me he would when he was asking for it all month long. He has a little sledding playdate in a few hours, then they are hoping to stop and see the Christmas trains, how fun!
There was a little indoor flea market we made our way to this morning. My thrifting luck has been completely non existent for months, so I was more than ready for some treasure hunting. It was pretty empty because of the snow, and the rent was high, which meant pretty high prices ($1 each on the ornaments, which is the absolute top of my budget for ornaments), but these were so gorgeous that they had to come home with me.

When Jack sees all the old ornaments on my big white tree he always gasps "it is so glittery!".
I also picked up another set of old canisters. I couldn't resist the charm of the old flower cart and they are in unusually good condition.

Off to make a pot of chili and ponder Jack's Christmas pajama sewing project, one more thing that needs to be checked off that old list!

27 comments:

  1. Way to go on getting stuff done. I bet that feels better! I love those ornaments - all of those colors. They're awesome. And the canisters are cute.

    And his comment had me chuckling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You crossed a lot off your list. I am thoroughly impressed! The new ornaments are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had one of those freak out moments earlier this week. After the panic, I got my rear in gear and got stuff done too! I'm not finished, but at least I'm not freaking out anymore. Glad to know you're feeling the same!

    Those ornaments are gorgeous. And if you can find those for $1 each, I'd say that's a heck of a deal! I went to a local antique mall and there was a booth absolutely full of gorgeous ornies like yours but they were $3 each AND UP! It was crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ornaments, Sarah.

    I just realized that sewing new pajamas for each kid is NOT going to happen AGAIN this year. Yesterday I ran into Walmart and bought them thermal underwear sets instead. I guess I'll save the flannel I bought LAST year for NEXT year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You find the greatest vintage Christmas ornaments. I never have such luck.
    Glad your getting things checked off your list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty ornaments! I'm glad you got a lot accomplished. I have been much more productive since I had a little whine session earlier this week. Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hellloooo from California. And may I tell you one dollar apiece for those was a STEAL!!!
    I'm not freaking out, but I don't have cards done either. Hey; they just may NOT get done! The world won't end. Enjoy the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous ornaments- perfect for a white tree. Send some of that snow our way, would you? We're dreaming of a white Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just stumbled across your blog and so glad i did! love your vintage ornaments! happy holidays, karri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those ornaments are awesome -- you always have the best finds. Have lots of fun in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess when the going gets tough, the tough get going! :) I, too, am on the downside of my to dos. Thank goodness! Cards are not out yet, but the ones that are finished are stacking up finally.


    Love the canisters--very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man, I need a kick in the butt too! I am so easily overwhelmed just thinking of all that I need to do!
    Hopefully this week I will get my rear in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such pretty ornaments! I love them all set in a bowl like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nearly done...time to kick up your heels and just have some fun...especially in that snow...WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You just rocked it all! Errands done, lists crossed, fabulous family time, and amazing finds to boot!

    Merry Christmas blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, Jack got to play in the snow. Now can it all melt? Just kidding:) So glad it snowed piles & piles just for Jack! :)
    Those ornaments look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow !!!!!!!!!! You got so much accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The price for those ornaments would be a steal around these parts - they are lovely.
    Isn't it amazing when, after the weight of 10,000 things to do lays upon your shoulders, you just close your eyes and hold your nose and swim to the surface getting so much done you feel like Wonder Woman. I love that feeling! May you continue on your efficient way. Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad you made it through your list. It is always so rewarding. Actually, I think you were rewarded in good treausures! :)

    Cheers! LA

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, $1 a piece was well worth it for those ornaments! Gorgeous. Glad Jack is enjoying the snow, he's at such a fun age, everything is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You know you couldn't even buy an ornament in a store for a $1 and those are really nice!

    Way to go in getting things done. How about sending a kick in the pants my way LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome job.Love your ornaments.Love the canisters.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I sure hope we get to see that "glittery" tree! Those ornaments are beautiful and I can only imagine how pretty they look on the tree!
    Good to see little Jack is enjoying the snow...I'm with him, I say "bring it on!!"

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    Linda
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad to hear you got alot done. What gorgeous vintage ornaments - I never seem to find any around here reasonably priced! My 3 yr. old daughter loves Christmas lights too - hopefully, before the end of the season, I'll be able to drive her around to all the homes around here just for that purpose. There's some that are really over the top! Not my taste at all but she'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My goodness your Jack sounds so much like my Leroy. Lots actually!
    Love the ornaments you found, they are so beautiful. I wish we had lots like that here in Australia, sadly we don't and we'd end up having to pay something like $5 each or more for those (we get ripped off a lot here!).
    Oh and the Santa photo you chose further down your blog, you're right, it really does capture the moment and I love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay! Sounds like so much fun happening over there. :)

    I love those ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those ornaments are so pretty. Glad to hear you're catching up on your list :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?