Friday, December 07, 2007

What a great day

Yesterday was really a fantastic day. It was our fourth wedding anniversary. We follow the "traditional" gift list, so Dave bought me the K&Company Paper flower kit I have been wanting. Aren't they beautiful? I put old pearl and rhinestone buttons in the centers and I can't wait to turn them all into a paper flower wreath.

And we had a tiny bit of snow, which Jack and I watched fall together out the front door. He told me that he wants "it to make big piles, so he can fall down in it." Too bad we didn't get big piles, but we will, give it time. I heard him yelling in his room this morning that "it snowed! I'm happy now." Man, I love that kid.
(More flowers, this time made from fabric hearts that I sewed to vellum to make a card for Dave.)

To top it off, I woke up to a bit of a flurry of unexpected blog comments and emails about the button tree . Imagine my surprise to see it featured on Whip up ! Oh man, did I ever squeal with delight over that. Do go check it out, there are some fantastic holiday ideas over there.

I guess I had better go get something accomplished now, eh? Christmas is picking up speed and I am starting to feel underprepared. Happy Friday everyone.

17 comments:

  1. Happy {belated} Anniversary! I love the paper flowers - they'll make such a pretty wreath!

    And, that button tree is awesome - that's so exciting to be featured! Wow! There are a lot of cool ideas over there. Way to go!! :)

    Jack's little comment about the snow and being happy now, made me smile. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you guys had such a fab day. The paper flowers are adorable! I love K & Company, they have such cute things.

    Jack is just full of sweet things to say. :) And way to go on Whip Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you guys had such a fab day. The paper flowers are adorable! I love K & Company, they have such cute things.

    Jack is just full of sweet things to say. :) And way to go on Whip Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. house on hill road2:26 PM

    happy happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary and congrats on whip up !!!!! Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your day was grand. And the lil button tree fits right in with those swell Christmas ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about Orchid Care

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are gorgeous!

    btw, you won my contest! email me your shipping address when you get a min so I can send you your tags! :)

    D
    shopaholicd at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:54 PM

    Congrats on making Whip Up! That's awesome. And you're in very good company, too! Enjoy it.

    Jennifer
    www.whatididatschooltoday.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! You should be proud of your button tree. It's very, very cute. Your paper kit looks fun! Still can't figure out how you do so many crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers are really cute...and I adore your wreath...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It does sound like a lovely day - happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! May the happy days continue!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shanna- Pink Trees5:39 AM

    happy belated anniversary! we celebrated our 7th on sunday! congrats! wishinig you many more lovely anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?