Monday, January 14, 2008

As the world turns

Several weeks ago, I was tagged by Tiff for that random things meme. I've done it once or twice before, but since I have been a little unwell with some sort of virus (or perhaps it is food poisoning) since Saturday, I figured that random pics of recently acquired pottery and a random meme would make a great random post. Is that random enough? LOL

1. I love, love, love avocados. My husband says it might be unnatural to love them as much as I do.
1. Jack loves, loves, loves candy corn. He will do anything if a candy corn is the reward.
1. Dave loves, loves, loves ice cream. He could eat his weight in ice cream every day.

Maybe we need to finally make that avocado ice cream and a candy corn ice cream?
2. Right now I am dreaming of warm, sandy beaches.
2. Jack is likely dreaming of big piles of snow. (He is dying to go sledding again.)
2. Dave is probably just dreaming of a nap, since we stayed up too late watching Persuasion on PBS, and we are desperately short on naps around here as of late.

Clearly we need a vacation!
3. We took Jack to a cosmic bowling birthday party 2 weeks ago. I am forever put off bowling by a teenage boyfriend who was a die hard bowler. He constantly nagged me about my "bowling form", and it sucked the fun out of it.
3. Jack kept telling me he didn't want to go bowling at the party because "the ball is too heavy." Once he started he enjoyed it, but not as much as he enjoyed the bowling cake, which he is still talking about.
3. Dave thinks we should go bowling more often.

I think we can all agree that we could go bowling more often, as long as we don't go to that "so loud it makes your ears bleed cosmic bowling" thing again. Ever.
And last, but not least, I was awarded the "You Make My Day Award" from Monica at M&Co . I am terrible at passing those things along, because all of you make my day. Go dig around in that link list where you can find at least 174 of you that are making my day! (I say at least because there are more in my bookmarks. LOL)

16 comments:

  1. Such pretty pottery. I am with Jack on the candy corn. My co-workers call it my "crack." But, I am pretty sure I would do just about anything to have some. And, by some I mean the whole bag in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avocado ice cream - I think I have a recipe for that. I would eat three avocadoes a day if I could. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stayed up last night watching that too. My husband wouldn't watch with me though. I have the collection set on my TIVO.
    Love the pottery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed that program on PBS, I enjoy watching their series. And yay to avocadoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avacado ice cream sounds dee-lish !
    Love that donkey too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABulous pottery pieces Sarah. Love them!
    I'm an avocado nut as well, but I don't think I could go for the avocado ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent random post! And if you figure out how to make candy corn ice cream, sign me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Avacodos are a 'staple' in my house. I LOVE them too, and can't get enough!

    Very pretty pottery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that turqoise vase! Perfect!
    I think I'll pass on that ice cream though ;-) Have a lovely week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how your random things included something about Jack & your hubby:) It was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hum, now that would be an interesting ice cream :) Love the vases!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Avacado ice cream sounds dee-lish !
    Love that donkey too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the fact that you, your husband, and your son all have different favorite things to love. It's so cute how your son loves candy corn! :)

    I know what you mean about passing awards along. It's so hard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. I love the pottery. 2. I love avocados as well! Sometimes I worry, fat content and all that. But who cares. My favorite meal in the whole world is one sliced avocado and one sliced tomato, mixed with some balsamic vinegar. Ok, I'm hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh I adore avocados and they do make yummy ice cream. I also had a yummy avocado pie once !!! Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  16. drooling over that sweet blue piece of pottery!

    Hope you're feeling better!

    with friendship,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?