Monday, January 28, 2008

Chatter

Oh my. Sometime last Thursday (actually, about 1/2 way through our play date), I was hit by an almighty nasty virus or something. I knew things were bad when I actually started to cry on Friday morning because Jack spilled milk on the clothes I had *just* put on him to wear to school that day and I could not find an ounce of energy to get him dressed again. So, I have spent 3 days in bed, burning up with fevers, coughing my fool head off, and using box after box of tissues. Honestly, I don't think I have spent that long in bed since before Jack was born.

But, I am somewhat on the mend now (although putting new batteries in Thomas this morning was still a test of strength, lol), and hoping against hope that Jack's immunity proves as strong as usual and that he escapes this beast.
There has been gorgeous mail arriving for the Valentine exchange, (you guys are going to love them!) and if you haven't mailed yours yet, remember I need to have them by the first to get them in the mail to you by this coming weekend.

One other thing I want to note while it is recent is that Jack started really spelling last week. He came home from school with a project they had helped him write his name on, and all the way home he kept saying "this says Jack, J-A-C-K, Jack!" Then as we arrived at our play date on Thursday, he said, "That sign says stop, S-T-O-P, stop." And even more at home "Can you turn the light to on, N-O, on?" (He spelled No instead of on.) We bought him a self correcting spelling puzzle for Christmas (can't seem to Google one up), and he played with a lot last week, putting the pieces together, and the "reading" them to me, "this one says kite, K-I-T-E, kite." I also noticed yesterday that he was asking Dave what letter every word they were saying started with.

Awesome.

*The pictures are the cupids I made last year. I traced Jack's feet to make the wings, and used a photo booth photo of his face.

19 comments:

  1. So glad you are starting to feel B-e-t-t-e-r! Being sick is bad enough without kids, I can only imagine how hard it is when you need to sustain another life! Anyway, last night I finished # 13 of my Valentines so they should be in the mail by Tuesday am. I finished too late to package them for today. I will take them to the *awesome* save my life every time post office near work first thing in the morning and you will have them in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor thing. There is nothing worst then being sick with little ones. You really can not rest. I hope you feel better soon. Jack is such a smart little boy. Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel totally better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That virus sounds horrible--glad to see now you are feeling a touch bit better! Huh-rayy for Jack on his spelling milestones, now Momma and Daddy are going to have watch what they spell to each other--little man is going to be able to figure ya out (speaking from experience and a few embarrassing moments here..lol).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling entirely well soon! Mark had something that sounds very similar to your bug. I'm so glad I escaped it.

    It's so amazing when they can start to spell and read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that you've been down for the count these past few days... Sounds like it is on the way out, and I hope you make a speedy and full recovery ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you feel better. What a waste of a weekend, huh? That is SO COOL that Jack is already wanting to read. *Real* school will be a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for the wings. They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki at Hollyhocks.typepad.com11:18 AM

    Isn't it great to see how exciting learning can be through the eyes of a child? I hope he always keeps that sense of wonder. What fun for you to discover the whole world all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I still have my sweet cupid jack hanging on my inspirqation board. :) I'm very into Valentine crafting this year for some reason! Hope you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear! Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. It's never fun to be so sick and still have to be the mommy.
    Jack (still love that name) is such a smarty-pants! That's so cool that he is spelling already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's going around. I've got the sniffly version. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You said "projec" instead of "projik". It's one of my favorite Jack-isms. I know he's outgrowing it. But I'm not!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well : ( I hope you feel better soon!

    I can only imagine how amazing it must be to have Jack spelling... a whole new world has opened up for him and you get to experience it with him : )

    Best - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO glad you're feeling better. I saw one sneak peek of our valentine's from knitting Iris I think. Goodie.
    My daughter used to call a napkin a nak-ka-lin--love those cute mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I'm so sorry to hear that you are sick :-( Please take care of yourself! (You might get some of the magazines today, according to my estimation...so you can stay in bed reading ;-))The cupids are suuuper cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you continue to feel better- I had to lol at the thought of making some of those adorable cherubs out of my boy's pictures and footprints! Teenager's feet just aren't as cute for making wings. By the way- thanks for the biology lesson with your comment- I'm still not eating them though. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jack is going to be a natural for school. It sounds like he loves learning! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you're feeling better!

    Watching a little one learn to spell, read, and write, is truly an amazing experience. Especially when you witness it firsthand with your own child. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?