Friday, January 04, 2008

Heart to Heart

Last year I did a one on one Valentine swap with a few fellow bloggers, and it was so much fun. I really loved having handmade valentines to display, and I can't wait to get them out again this year.

I thought maybe some of you might like to participate too this year.
This year I think I can manage a group, so here is how it will work, if anyone wants to play along that is!

I will accept up to 14 participants. Each of you will create 14 valentines (that number will be adjusted if there are less than 14 participants), mail them to me, and I will send return packages to each of you containing the 14 different valentines.
The details:

I need your package by Feb. 1st. Your valentine does not have to be made of paper. There are a lot of other options. Maybe you like felt, or wallpaper, or fabric, or crepe paper, or vintage school valentines, or buttons, or beads, or embroidery, or yarn, the list goes on and on! (The pictures are just a few ideas that are already kicking around in my head.) Use whatever it is that you like to craft with. Please keep them to 5x7 or smaller though, and made of something that I can mail in a padded envelope. And please enclose $2 to help cover part of the cost of return shipping.

So, are you game to be my valentine? Leave a comment here (with an email address if you don't have a blog) or email me through my profile. I hope you will play along with me!

EDIT: Thank you! The swap is full. I will send a confirmation email to all participants sometime this weekend. Please let me know if you think you are in and do not recieve it.

25 comments:

  1. Those little strawberries a Wonderful!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to participate :o) A good excuse to do some crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun - but alas I am trying NOT to overcommit so I think I will sit this one out and live vicariously through the rest of you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! I still have your valentine from last year so I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like fun! I don't have that many folks to give valentines to... but I was thinking I could string mine on ribbon and use them to decorate for the holiday!

    So, count me in! : )

    And thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If there's still room, I'd love to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to take part, if there's room! My e-mail is seblagg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in - I'll start my valentines now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in :) I'd love to give and receive some Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer12:29 PM

    Count me in on the Valentine swap! It sounds like a lot of fun!

    nifersATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in! I been wanting to start a project and this sounds very doable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Right on time - I was just starting to have no-classroom-of-kiddie-to-make-Valentines-with-angst. Thanks, chica. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Count me in! I need an excuse to use some pink!

    Tiff
    tcupps@maine.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like fun. Count me in if there's still room.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds fun, but I am not ready to commit yet...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to participate! My grandmother's maiden name was Valentine. We celebrate big around here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stephanie9:43 PM

    Hi!

    I would love to join in...No Blog yet,,but it is a New Years resolution..
    Please reach me at
    srojas63@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to join if you still have room ~ sounds like so much fun.
    Tamy
    3sidesofcrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is there still room? I have a cute idea. My email is sasha.libby@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  20. damn damn damn.... I'm so sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do hope you'll post pictures so we can all "participate". Even those of us too slow to get in.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just came across your blog through another blog. I know that christmas is SO OVER, but I am going to try your bleached bottle brush trees so I can use them for Easter. I am enjoying your blog so far!!
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Drats! I wasn't fast enough, but will enjoy looking at the Valentines online!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sarah, thanks for the invitation, but I'll have to pass. Let me explain. I'm a terrible beyond terrible crafter/card maker. It always ends in tears; me with my fingers glued together and terrible looking crinkly 'crafts' that end up in the garbage. It's my life's disapointment, it really is. That's why I'm a devoted reader of your blog! I so enjoy living vacariously through all of you talented sewing/crafting/card making phenoms!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is SO gorgeous!!!! And practically free, too? Love it even more...

    I am esp. impressed with the way you made eggs into apples!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?