Friday, February 22, 2008

Hello, my name is

Hello, my name is Sarah and I am a pottery junkie. I remember quite clearly when it started. At some point during the summer I had been decluttering some stuff, and I took everything off the bedroom mantle.

We were driving to the flea market and a light bulb in my head went off and I thought, "Self, you need to collect pottery to put on that mantle."

And so I did. And very quickly the mantle was full.
So, I emptied a shelf in the kitchen and starting putting some there. (Ignore the weirdly placed chandelier. It is so dark at dinnertime right now that I needed a little extra light during the winter months. Yes, I have a lot of chandeliers. They could be their own post.)

And now that shelf is full too. And I am dreaming of garage sale season, where I hope to find enough pottery to fill up the china cabinet in the living room.

I did say I was a junkie, didn't I?

When my husband said, "Dear, what am I supposed to get you for Valentine's Day?" I said, "Pottery of course." It was hard to choose. I wanted it all. I love this vase though, with it's flowers and the bows on the sides and the gorgeous color.
When I was in the bookstore buying his Valentine gift, I caught sight of this book in the bargain section. I picked up not even caring what it was about. Look at all that pottery!

I love the heavy, smooth feeling of it. The colors, the soft shapes. Love it all.
I cannot wait until Jack is older and I can have shelves like these.

Love pottery? Have you seen this collection ? Or this one ? Or this one ?

What are you dreaming of finding when the weather gets warmer?

P.S. I am going to try and go back and tag all my pottery posts so you can see my collection better. I think nearly every piece has already been photographed for individual junking entries.

P.P.S. Hallelujah! Spellcheck has returned.

21 comments:

  1. I love your collection! I'd love to collect the green stuff but I never find it around here, at least at anything less than antique-store prices. I'll keep looking! I have that book also and it is one of my all time faves. I just love to look at all the gorgeous things inside! And thanks for the links--I found a few new favorite blogs to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your collection is so pretty! I have to admit that your blog is what has made me come to appreciate pottery. Dare I admit, I hadn't taken much notice to it before! :)

    I can't wait to start hunting for more vintage Fisher Price Little People, accessories, and buildings, come spring. The ones we played with as kids. {Are they really considered vintage already?!} Lol! ;) I'm quite obsessed with them.

    But I collect so many things that I just can't wait for garage sales to add to all of my collections - and to start new, accidental ones when I find interesting new treasures.

    Please do a post on your chandeliers! I'd love to see all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my regular blog readers sent me that exact book because it reminded her of my pottery collection. I am currently trying to find someone to build shelves exactly lke the ones in the book. I cannot WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you do have quite a collection! Lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of the vase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous blog! i've added you to my blogroll. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your collection is lovely! I actually have just one collection of blue & white dishes... Hopefully come warmer weather I will be able to find a few more odds & ends for that collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pottery collection. I also like to collect vintage toys. I found the fisher price barn and it still had all of the animals and the moo sound still works when you open the door.

    ReplyDelete
  9. G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S. Once again, your treasure finding ability leaves me jealous. Thanks, too, for the organizational hints a few posts ago. I now have bins for my fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie Trott11:08 AM

    I love pottery too! And I love your collection. I collect two colors. In my kitchen I have the green/aqua color and in my living room, I have the off white color.

    I love your blog too. Can I add you as a link on mine?

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmm I'm so envious of your pottery collection!! So many beautiful pieces!! Inspired by you I've decided I have to start my own :-)If only the flea market season could start .... my local used and antique market never updates...
    Have a lovely week, and lots of kisses to Jack!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's quite a collection, Sarah! Wowsers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI, I love your pottery collection it is all so pretty.
    Cheers Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful pottery. I love pottery also - I am jealous of your collection.

    I would love to see a post about your chandeliers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have that book too! It is so great, not 'cookie cutter' houses. I always love to see how people store/display thier collections. I have some pottery, but not as much as I'd like! :)

    Your pieces are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. your collection is beautiful! love that book, too. and one big hurray for spell check working again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would love to start collecting pottery. Unfortunately, I live in California where the big one could hit anyday now.
    I'll just visit your blog and drool over your amazing collection.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving your collection...I have that book too and it is a good one!! Luv, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your pottery collection, the colours are just beautiful! You would be so easy to buy for - hubby doesn't have a worry there does he!

    ReplyDelete
  20. At least you are loud and proud about it!

    I love seeing the pictures of them all together. It is a beautiful palette of pottery.

    Cheers! LA

    ReplyDelete
  21. sarah, I love the chippy white mantel and the fabulous collection you have! I'm a pottery junkie too and i also have that book! LOL! I'd love to see more of your home!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?