Sunday, March 16, 2008

An Easter army

I have not made anything in so long that I cannot even remember what the last thing I made was. It is making me a bit frustrated, but it seems like everything I try and start right now ends up in the trash or I simply give up. Jack is into EVERYTHING, and wants to be involved in EVERYTHING (dangerous or not), and by the time he goes to bed I am just dead tired.

I am getting desperate. So I thought I would try some placecards for Easter dinner. They took me 2 days to make. 2 days! Goodness.
They are cute little things though. I used old wallpaper, crepe paper ruffles for the wings, some vintage velvet bows, and some millinery flowers.
And glue. Lots of glue. Nearly every last drop of glue in the house. I even had to resort to hot glue, and I hate hot glue. It was the only thing that would make them stand up straight though.
They are sitting on eggs made with more old wallpaper and the pinking shears.

Cheep! Cheep! I cannot believe Easter is only a week away...

21 comments:

  1. barbara4:20 PM

    Those are really, really, really, really cute! Way worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The placecards turned out great! They are so cute!

    I hate, hate, hate, hot glue too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute !!!!! Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them - I think they were worth the two days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww.. they are precious! Sorry, but hot glue will ALWAYS have a place in the crafting world ;-) It's nice to see you will have a table full of easter sunday guests. Have big fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are so cute! i think i want to make some now.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your chicks are incredibly cute! I love your ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable! I hardly do anything crafty for Easter but the girls and I did manage some this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look so sweet Sarah.
    It is so hard to try and create when there are little fingers getting into everything
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That took some doin'. My favorite part are the little velvet bows. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Love the old wallpaper. I have some and have yet to make anything with it. Now I'm inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The placecards are just adorable. They simply and beautifully say spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love these! what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i wouldn't guess that you hadn't made anything in awhile! those are darling and it looks like you didn't even skip a beat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy crap. Those are the cutest things I've ever seen. I would buy those in a store. Really, how great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. EEEK!!! So stinkin cute!!! Love them! xo-Mel

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your little Easter army is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! I might have to try to remember this for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Katie Trott2:10 PM

    how cute it all is! happy easter!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?