Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Cup of tea?

Last week That silly lil' Doe was kind enough to send me the latest copy of Marie Claire Idees. I cannot even begin to tell you how excited that made me. You would think that in a city like St. Louis you could find a copy of that magazine, but no, you can't. And this issue did not disappoint. I fell head over heels in love with this set of towels. The ones in the magazine are for each day of the week, but I just went with 3.
I had some Martha Stewart towels left over from when I was appliqueing towels for Christmas presents, and they are perfect. Gingham, rick rack, flowery vintage style prints, what's not to love? I made a cake and cake plate;
the all important tea cup;
and a fancy tea pot. I used a few more of those 5 inch squares from that long ago 5 inch square fabric swap, including the one for the lid here, complete with little tea pots! Perfect. The only question is, can I bring myself to use them?

I wish the photos were better, but we are never going to have anything but rain here ever again apparently. I had better start building an ark. There was so much water in our backyard yesterday that those huge plastic toys were about an inch from actually floating in the yard.

There are close up photos on Flickr.
There was a bit of thrift store magic this morning too. I managed to find two (!!) feedsacks in a bag of fabric. Love them.

21 comments:

  1. barbara11:54 AM

    Great towels, great finds! I'm posting some fabric pictures later (I hope) - maybe you can peek and help me figure out if any is actually feedsack. I'm never quite sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the towels. And SCORE on the feedsacks.

    I didn't know you were in STL. Why, you're just on the other side of I70! :) Hello neighbor! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I wouldn't be able to use them, LOL. In fact, I still haven't used the adorable acorn dish towl you made for me way way back when we did our first ever swap. I just display it in the fall and that's it. I can't bear to get it dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that magazine everytime I open one up I am always inspired. Love the tea towels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is fun! it is so rewarding to see an idea in a magazine you love and watch it come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those I saw towels. Yours are perfect !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah- The towels look super. OH, I'm glad that whole battery scare worked out okay! (I was out of town all last week).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the towels! Sooo cute! I want those in my kitchen ;-) Gotta start sewing again ...I've just done so much mess to my craft room that I can hardly see my sewing machine ;-) Btw. The vintage finds you posted on Flickr are gorgeous! Were do you find these beauties?!(Thanks for the encouragement on the computer crash! ;-) Stupid me manaed to erase everything when trying to get it back up and running so no hope in getting things back ...but its quite an effective way to tidying though...I should do the same to my crafts room ;-)!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cute tea towels! I haven't gotten the latest issue of MCI so I am sooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous looking towels- I don't know if I could bring myself to use them. You have a great eye for pairing up fabrics. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got a Marie Claire idees in a swap last fall - I'm also in love! But, I know there is no way I would find that magazine in our town.

    Great towels and congrats on your find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. feedsacks rock.

    lovely towels too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. darling... simply darling. clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The towels are really cute, I doubt I would be able to do much more than show them off. But maybe you'll be safe just using them to dry clean hands.

    ReplyDelete
  15. those are adorable! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super super cute. I love appliqued towels. I have a stainless towel bar hung under my kitchen cabinets to display mine. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What adorable towels!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girl, you're awesome. Your towels are adorable! Dang, I'm jealous of your thrifting abilities! I'm loving that feedsack.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I really love, love those towels! I might just have to make something quite like that!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?