Thursday, April 17, 2008

Perfect in pink

When I was on the painting kick last week I painted that glass door knob shelf pink. I was totally going to paint it green, you saw all those green paint chips. But at the last minute I went with pink. (Martha Stewart Silk Kimono Pink to be exact.)

It was meant to be pink. Love it.
I wasn't sure where I was going to put it, or what to put on it. Last weekend at the garage sale I picked up these three pieces of needlework at the very last minute (we were paying when I spied them!).

They ended up being the perfect thing to hang from the door knobs.
I haven't taken the backs off to see if they were handmade or not, I don't want to tear the paper. But if they were, her work is perfect and very fine. The stitches are oh so tiny.
I don't know which is my favorite!

Tomorrow we are redoing Jack's room, and I made a cute project for his new room yesterday. I am not looking forward to all that painting though. Thank goodness there is some kind of spa party I am committed to tomorrow night! LOL
Sorry the photos aren't very light, it is still dark in our room this morning, and Jack and I are spending all day outside right now, so I knew I had to get the photos this morning. (And there is something wierd happening where the wall looks dirty there? I keep inspecting that spot on the wall and it looks fine in real life. I have no clue what that is about.)

We'll be out back playing hopscotch if you need us.

P.S. Apron swappers should have received an email from me yesterday. If you didn't and you think you should have, email me asap. I am finishing matching the partners up today.

11 comments:

  1. Ahhh. A painting kick. That's what I need right now. Your project is adorable, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good about putting your thrift finds right to work! Looks beautiful! I can not wait to see Jack's room redo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow~ You're on a roll with the garage sales! Great stuff. Have fun decorating Jack's space. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. barbara10:53 AM

    I love the shelf. I am weeping with envy over the needlework - what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wandering eyes in the checkout line always find scores. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those little needlework pieces are SO darling! I'm not sure I can choose a favorite either. What a lucky find! I love the doorknob hanger in pink. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Martha's paints. And not ashamed to admit it. Hope you had fun hopscotching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) I LOVE 'found embroidery'.. Lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely perfect in pink! And hopscotch -- how fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty that shalf looks all painted pink.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny how eventually you'll find what you've been looking for-love the door know hangers! Can't wait to see what you do to Jack's room.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?