Monday, April 28, 2008

Scenes from a weekend

We have had an absolute whirlwind of a weekend. And we are all exhausted. There were trips to the airport, meals in restaurants, a birthday for Daddy, a trip to the zoo, swimming in the hotel pool, a BBQ, train rides, stories to be read, plenty of dishes to be washed and more.
There was plenty of egg admiring;
Roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, dinosaurs (which scared Jack to death);
Some typical three year old ass showing (LOL);
And plenty of love from both directions between Jack and Grandma and Grandpa.

He was certainly sad to see them go.

In all honesty, I am a little sad for him, since it could be a really long time before he sees them again.

I found a few things at the flea market on Saturday morning before they arrived that are really squeal worthy. Once I recuperate I will try and get a picture of them. Well, if it warms up and stops raining. It is freezing here again.

And we are supposed to leave for Chicago on Friday morning.

Did I mention that I REALLY have the urge to sew? Like right this minute.

Maybe I should go do something about that...

P.S. Thank you for the Earth Day ideas. I started the recycling on Earth Day, and in less than a week I have filled 2 trash bags with things that can be recycled instead of going in our trash. I had no idea how much of our trash we could have been recycling, but I am feeling pretty good about making that change!

6 comments:

  1. I'm (im)patiently waiting for squealworthy photos of your finds. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wild (but fun!) time. Did you come up with something quick to make for your DH's birthday? And I'm waiting with Chris for photos of your finds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why Jack was scared. :)

    Why are you visiting Chicago this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time was had by all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing cuter than a three year old tushie! Except that face of his. He's a cute one alright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're coming to chicago again? I missed you last time. What's your itinerary? We have a bunch of stuff this weekend (graduation at the university where I teach now) but maybe we can catch up?

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?