Sunday, May 11, 2008

Always be a mother

Yesterday Jack and Dave were having a conversation in the car about Mother's Day which ended with Jack saying, "You'll always be a mother."

Which is so very true, but it caught me off guard a little.
It's amazing how I went from living what feels like an entire life as one person and then in the blink of an eye, I was his mother.
I've had five Mother's Days as his mother now. From being a few months pregnant and puking my guts out to being the mother of my little baby and then onto being the mother of my sweet little boy.
Time really flies on this journey.

I love you sweet baby.

And yes, I will always be your mother.

14 comments:

  1. barbara12:46 PM

    Just beautiful! Happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack is so right - once a Mother always a Mother.The most important job in the world
    It doesn't seem to matter how old they get they are still our babies.
    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that (always a mother). Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Touching post Sarah, and ever so true. Time does fly by in the blink of an eye. I'm finding it hard to believe I have a son that is taller than me and has as deep of a voice as his father does..lol. When did this all happen????

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet! hope you had a great mother's day, sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Jack is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing how quickly in our hearts we become a mother. Happy Mother’s day Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's a wise one, that Jack!

    Glad you had a lovely Mother's Day...

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a sweet thing to say, a sweet concept, and a sweet little guy! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful, dreamy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an awesome post! What a little sweetheart he is!
    Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!

    -Mary Ellen (also mom to a 5yr old boy)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?