Friday, June 20, 2008

A retrospective

It's June 20, 2008 and I have been journaling on this little spot on the web for a little over three years now. It feels all at once like a lifetime and the blink of an eye. And I am proud of myself for sticking with it.
I've bought things, both new
and old. (Mostly old.)
Really cool things
and wonderful steals that made my heart race with excitement.
I've made things. Hard things
and even harder things
and easy things
and things that filled my heart with joy.
I've painted everything that stands still.
And my sweet pea has gone from a chubby little baby
to a growing up boy.

What a journey this has been. I can only imagine what the next three years will bring!

Thank you to each of you for joining me here. Whether you are a new friend or an old friend, I appreciate that you take time to be a part of our story, and that so many of you take the time to share your story with us.

Cheers!

21 comments:

  1. 3 year eh? Keep going. Please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tribute to the blog. I wasnt here at the beginning so it is great to see baby pictures of Jack!

    Here is to three more great years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 3 years! Awesome. Love all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on two years! Great retrospective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, what a cute post! I love it. The pictures are darling of your projects and most of all your biggest project! Jack. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'm proud of you, too!

    I am amazed that I have stuck with mine for 6 months so far. I feel permanent now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love the idea of reading through your blog for the next three years...at least!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats friend! Wow - 3 years is so cool! Jack was such a cute baby, they grow up so fast (and in other ways sooo slooow...) I adore all those old honeycombs - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary!!! I love, love, love your blog and visit often...you are always inspiring, fun and truthful...you feel like a friend to me....thanks for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep it coming girl! I enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three years! That's amazing. What a great record you have of your life (and jack's!) You must have been, like, the original blogging mama. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, congrats. That was fun to read.

    You are awesome. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow 3 years - well done. It is always fun to read your blog.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  14. Being back in town, I have snuck away at all possible moments to catch up on all the posts I had missed. . .I love, love, love the tissue paper lanterns in your retrospective. And love the subconscious comfort I get from knowing crafty mommy bloggers are nearby. Now if I could just get back to being crafty. . .
    Congrats on your stick-to-itiveness for 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Sarah. I am so glad you started your blog. I hope you and your home is okay. Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on 3 years! I hope to reach that one day. Loved seeing baby pics.

    Irma :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on three years! That's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hooray for you! 3 years is a great accomplishment in this blogging world! I'm glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your blog being "FREE!" :) Lovely montage, too! A real taste of your taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. what fun!!
    loved looking at your pix and what a sweet baby he was!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Anniversary to you! or Blogiversary!
    Love checking out your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?