Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lucky Penny

I asked David to take Thursday off from work so we could spend some Jack free time together. I debated a bit about whether we should catch a movie and have lunch or thrift and have lunch. Thrifting won. (It always wins, lol.)

He and I always joke that he is my lucky penny. And last week was no exception. We found good stuff together. 2 bags full of bright buttons.
A piece of Hull pottery that nearly made me pee in my pants. (I wanted to jump up and down and scream, no really? Did I just find this in the thrift? And it is in PERFECT condition? For WHAT price?)
A sweet pair of dishtowel curtains.
Yards and yards of this gorgeous vintage fabric.
And a quilt top. (Which also made me want to jump up and down and scream, no really? Did I just find this in the thrift?)

It is stretching out wierdly on the fence because it is just a top. It's certainly not the most beautiful quilt in my collection, but it is a true scrap quilt. Pieces of clothing, scraps of feedsacks, and the red sashings are made with wool. (I was afraid they were polyester from a distance.)

That husband of mine, he is a lucky penny.

More photos on Flickr, including fabric close ups on the quilt, the rest of the buttons, and a tablecloth we bought.

Off to fold more laundry with me. Enjoy your Sunday.

19 comments:

  1. seriously! you need more hubby thursdays! wow! i can't believe you found Hull potery thrifting! isn't it wonderful when people don't know what they have and donate?[sigh] oh how i miss thrifting! if i could just come back to the states for a week to get a little thrifting in i'd be one happy camper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. barbara12:20 PM

    Hull pottery at the thrift store? I'm movin' to St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Do you rent your husband out for shopping days? Although it's probably a bit too far!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you found some great stuff! I love the pottery piece. Your husband is certainly good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I either need to borrow your husband or thrift in your shops!! I can't believe your finds...every week I am more impressed, and more depressed about my finds! I hope you both will have many more thrifting days together1

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow - not only are your finds amazing, but the fact that your husband would spend the morning thrifting is just ... amazing. what kind of thrift shops do you tend to browse?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds! Your hubby really is a lucky penny. You have a great find in him too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you lucky gal! Can I have those buttons?

    Can I borrow your husband next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is one good haul! love the quilt top so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done to you and your lucky husband. I bet you make him go along next time too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are lucky to have a husband like that! :) what a sweet pair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) I'm so happy for you! These are great finds. And he IS a lucky penny. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, I am so jealous! Love it all! Wish I had luck like that at the thrift:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well my favorite are those button cards. I love them. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ryan hardly goes with me when I am thrifting - usually he is watching the boys. Maybe I'll have to see if we can get away and do it together - it sure works for you! Love those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Sarah! Awesome finds. You're going to have to take David with you everytime. My mom loves Hull pottery -- she needs to hit the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucky finds! I love that quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That pottery is worth some tinkling over!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what GREAT finds!!! I love the buttons and the quilt top.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?