Friday, August 08, 2008

Singing in the rain

I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again

Ever since he picked up one of those paper Chinese umbrellas at a yard sale a few weeks ago, Jack has been DYING to use an umbrella in the rain. He has carried an umbrella everywhere we have gone just waiting for the chance. (He has even been using them as a parasol.) We were lucky enough to have a really heavy afternoon downpour yesterday, so as soon as the lightening stopped, we ran outside to splash in the puddles.

It was so much fun that now even *I* am looking forward to the next rain.
At preschool yesterday they picked the radishes they have been growing in their little garden. When I asked Jack if he had helped plant the radishes he said, "No. God did it." LOL

Tonight we will be ordering Chinese and watching the Olympics opening ceremony, which I usually really look forward to. But right now I am still itchy and incredibly cranky from all this medicine and I am busy moaning a bit that I decided way back in the spring to not go to the 127 sale this year.

Instead of enjoying a lovely picnic lunch with my husband overlooking Lake Cumberland in the gorgeous hills of Kentucky I will be grocery shopping. Yippppppppppeeeee. LOLOL

P.S. Tomorrow is National Garage Sale Day, happy hunting if you are hitting the roads in search of treasure!

22 comments:

  1. If you guys were here, Jack would have many, many opportunities to use the umbrella. It rains almost every day these days (but I am trying not to complain.) Hope you can do something to celebrate National Garage Sale Day (which I fear is going to be washed out here :( )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a regular Gene Kelly singing in the rain!!! I just loved Lake Cumberland when I vacationed in Ky a while back. And I hit Nat. Garage Sale Day a day early and stopped at the thrift shop (can that be considered a garage sale???!!!) and found vintage pyrex on SALE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on your latest posts, Sarah. I am SO SORRY about the allergie rash! I has one earlier this year (severe reaction to something... and even though you couldn't see it on my skin --just barely) and it was the worst constant itching ever. A serious steriod round helped it die down over the course of two weeks.

    And you had that on top of a UTI? You poor thing!!!

    I guess the upside is all the cool loot you got thrifting. I am dying over those glasses and mugs. I'll see one-offs of those mugs every once in a while but don't buy them because I'm too lazy to collect... and you got them all in one score!

    Sweet Jack. Fidget is loving the rain this year, too... jumping in puddles with her rainboots on, specifically....

    have a great feeling-better weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plans for the evening sound fun. I wish I could mimic them. Alas, no chinese food for us do to celiacs and we don;t have a tv. Wahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures - makes me want to dance in the rain too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh-I forgot the fun of playing in the rain - I remember when my bambinos were smaller the fun we'd have! Now I'm hoping for some drops soon! Have a great night-I know the Olympics are exciting but don't forget Swingtown! xo-Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been thinking about you - hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first pic is so darn sweet!! He has a smile that can light up a room!

    I will gladly you some of that rain for a little bit of our hit. Just give me the word and it's all yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know Jack will always remember the singing in the rain....I did the same thing and never forgot it! What fun that was! I let my kids do it too and I'm sure it's one of their best memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I love the look on his face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Hope you're feeling better!
    Have a great day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember playing in the rain like that when I was younger, looking at those pictures has made me really want to go and do it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these pictures...he looks so totally happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Jack is having such fun in the rain
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  15. What's the 127 sale? And truly, I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. RAIN!! Come to England and Jack can wear out umbrella after umbrella.... Hope the Garage Sale day was a good one, keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I was a kid, I just loved going out in the rain with my purple umbrella. It had a clear acrylic handle with flowers in it *sigh* if only I had it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What cute pictures! :)

    hahaha eating chinese food and watching the olympics sounds like such a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh crap, i missed it again!! i went to the 127 about 7 years ago and promptly forget about checking the date every year
    you arent getting a lot of rain?? im glad jack finally got to play outdoors with the umbrella. its a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jack is so cute...I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's Gene Kelley as a child! Oh How Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. looks like he is having a ball!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?