Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yo, I need help

I was happily cruising along finishing the doll yo-yo quilt for a swap, but I have hit a snag. I had planned to do a bit of a fancy edge along all four sides, but I have realized that it won't work properly on the top and the bottom because of the number of yo-yo's in those rows.

So help me decide what to do?

Here are the three choices I can come up,, but if you have some other idea, I am open to that too.
Leave it as is. Sometimes quilts do have fancy edges on the sides only, since the other two ends would have been at the head and foot of a bed.
Option B: Add four yo-yo's at the corners. (Yes, those are quarters, lol.)
Option C: Add eight more yo-yo's, even though they will not be spaced properly in the middle.

Option D: Swear off yo-yo's for rest of eternity. Pesky little buggers. (Just kidding! I actually quite like how it is turning out, and I sewed every single bit of it by hand, yeehaw!)

16 comments:

  1. I am inclined to say Option A. Good point about the ends being at the head and foot of the bead. Sometimes you have to be practical. And this would result in fewer additional yo-yos having to be made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Option A. Thats what i would do and I am a YO YO maker too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:39 AM

    I like Option B. Your Yo Yo's look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days I'm actually going to make a yo yo quilt. No really. I. am. ~ seriously! :)

    I like Option B, it just seems to finish it nicely IMO. ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to go with adding the 8 yo-yos. Love it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Either option b or c - and I'm impressed with the hand sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take option A, Monty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Option A - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like option A. For 2 reasons, one it looks cool and 3 you do not need to add more;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote as is. I'm only a baby Yo-Yoist, but I still think the lack of perfect symmetry is what makes yoyo quilts rock.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I like option A. I think it would look better without attaching a yo-yo to the red ones. I really like the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I kind of like C, she says sheepishly 'cause everyone is going for A. Either way, your yoyos look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate choices, and it seems you've got plenty of opinions already. Just wanted to say I'll bet you'll love it for a long time to come no matter which way you go with it. ;-) It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like OPTION A also... for what it's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it is pretty no matter what you choose but I kind of like option B. Or I might even add yo-yos to the top and bottom in between the ones that are already there. Did you understand that? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vote option B. (Although I'm sure you've already decided.) Super cute stuff!

    Got here through someone's comment at The Zoo (bonnie's blog). I'm still looking for the paint inspiration they were referring to - but this yo-yo quilt was too cute to pass without commenting :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?