Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Portrait of a mama

2 days ago Jack stood next to me, pen and paper in hand, and sketched a portrait of me. I love that he added my glasses and my earrings. When he added in that tongue he declared, "NO! NO! NO! Now you look like grandpa. There, you will look like grandpa when you are 100." And he scribbled the 100 below the portrait. LOL

It's my new profile picture. :-)
Jack has had another big growth spurt and with it has come a big burst of confidence. The last time we went to this particular park he was more like a toddler to me, and these bouncy things were way too scary for him. (And that was sometime early this spring I think!)

Not anymore.
The big, huge tunnel slide is no longer scary either.

The last unknown playground territory are the monkey bars. I am sure that soon enough he will be whizzing across those also.
Although he still refuses to cooperate with my photo taking craziness.

Some things never change, do they?

10 comments:

  1. That's so funny - because I'd have guessed that's what you looked like. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some very interesting portraits done by my daughter. My favorite is she and I holding hands, walking through a lake. (It was shallow).

    ReplyDelete
  3. that needs a frame. SERIOUSLY! You will cherrish that one always! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack is so funny! He's getting so big -- I'll bet you're really having fun with him. Thanks for the crepe paper tutorial -- those things are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you used Jack's drawing for your blog...totally great. I was reading thru some of your past posts and adore your halloween banner...amazing mantle and pottery collection. Wow! Still chuckling over the roly poly bugs...one of my favorite comments so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you've made this your profile picture - I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, frame that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't you sassy!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great portrait. No doubt I would recognize you on the street, now. :->

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, what a cutie - at least when you're 100 you'll still have good taste in earrings and eyewear! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?