Tuesday, October 28, 2008

On the fourth day of Halloween

On the fourth day of Halloween, the Great Pumpkin gave to me:
One glow in the dark skeleton, made by Jack (!) at a Lowe's Build and Grow Workshop (which I, ahem, confiscated so it wouldn't be destroyed. I want to keep it forever.);
one new to me vintage duvet cover in harvest colors which I dried on the line yesterday, despite it being 40 degrees and gray outside (it's officially an obsession, me and the old duvet covers, that is);
one bat chandelier which just makes the blue door perfect for Halloween, never mind the pesky cord which I never know what to do with (my boa needs adjusting apparently, and seeing the photo gives me an idea of what to do with the cord);
one loaf of oh my goodness fantastic no knead bread, made with this super cute photo tutorial . If her 4 year old can do it, so can mine! And he did.;

and our very first frost. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr. Wonderful.

7 comments:

  1. Vintage duvets? I didn't even know you could find them. That is gorgeous. I'm green over here, girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack made bread!!! How FUN!!! I made a wacky cake yesterday, it was so-so.

    Love the skeleton! I'd have that sucker put up as soon as Halloween is over, it is too cute!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the duvet cover. Such a pretty color. It's getting cold here too. When we came out from story hour today, I had to scrape ice off of the windshield. I'm just not ready for that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVEEEEE the vintage duvet! Where on earth did you find it. I have a twin sized one that is pretty, but doesn't go with Gwen's room and she is the only twin in the house! I may make something with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the link again, i need to make that bread...haha need!!cute skeleton, i would have snagged it too

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny - i used that same tutorial to make the bread the first time, too! yours looks better than mine ever did. and i love the duvet cover. i am not so good at finding linens. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is always so cool for the holidays!
    Oh and you've been Boo-ed!
    http://osagebluffquilter.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-boo-ed.html
    Osagebluffquilter

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?