Tuesday, October 21, 2008

On the tenth day of Halloween

Today is the first day of my Great Pumpkin series. Ideally I would be able to make this the thirteen days of Halloween, but with Jack's birthday being on the 19th, I can never really fit in more than 10 days. Oh well, 10 days of Halloween is still plenty of fun!

So, on the tenth day of Halloween, the Great Pumpkin gave to me:
One feathery eyeball wreath.
I've been in love with feather wreaths for Halloween for years now, and even attempted to make my own only to discover that I can't find orange or scary green feather boas anywhere. Dave spotted two of them at a garage sale for me this summer. This one was plain, I added eyeballs to it.
And one finished coiled fabric bowl for the scrap challenge hosted at JC Handmade .
It's a tiny thing. And to be honest, after seeing all the lovely products of other crafters I have a bit of an inferiority complex about it. LOL

Oh well, it is what is, right? :-)

I can't wait to see what the Great Pumpkin brings tomorrow...

6 comments:

  1. That wreath is so cool . You make the most amazing things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the eyeballs, I have a black feather wreath, I LOVE IT! I love your bowl, the colors are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started making a feather wreath. And then I realized I needed two boas! So it's half-done, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wreath! That is clever!! The scrap basket and all the other pictures from that challenge are so inspiring! I can not wait until my "summer" break (13 days!) to get my crafty on again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bowl,but then you know how I love crocheting rags!!! Lovely, lovely, lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been in love with feather wreaths, too, ever since I saw one in a magazine a few years ago at Halloween time. Oh my, do I love yours! It's so clever, and creepy, and cool, all rolled into one with those eyeballs!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?