Wednesday, October 29, 2008

On the third day of Halloween

Oh, it's almost here!

On the third day of Halloween, the Great Pumpkin gave to me:
One freshly made Halloween shirt for me (the most exciting part of the shirt is that while digging for a shirt to dye I realized that I could have been dying all those stained t-shirts of mine instead of throwing them away. DUH! I will be more frugal in the future for sure now...);
one spooky specimen display, complete with bones, feathers, bugs (real carcasses of course!), and other what nots (my husband made the stand out of some hardware cloth, clever guy that he is);
one "cabinet of horrors", one glass Halloween ornament tree, one graduated cylinder, one feathery cat and more;
here, let me open the door for you (mwahahaha), don't forget to click to enlarge (never mind the crap on the floor, lol);
one Martha Stewart eyeball wreath, made many moons ago, but with fresh, new, gooey eyeballs this year;

gas at $2.28 a gallon (whooooooooooofreakinghoooooooo!);

and one family movie night watching It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Jack is crazy over Snoopy. I swear he can perfectly imitate that really horrible Snoopy laugh. I spent more time watching him enjoying it than I did watching the show.

Ahhh, the good life.

Are you all ready yet? We haven't even started the pumpkins. Oh my!

10 comments:

  1. How fun it all looks. Jack is going to have such a good time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously Sarah, you amaze me. Your house must be so fun around Halloween. We have no decorations around my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the bird on the eyeball wreath...has he always been there? Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your display looks great! I wish I had a cabinet like that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering the Mabel's House contest to win my debut suspense novel, SISTERS OF MISERY! Even if you don't win, I hope you get a chance to read and enjoy it!

    xoxo
    Megan Kelley Hall

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your displays! It's always fun watching your kids watch the classics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I clicked on the cabinet so I could take it all in - looks great! Love that ornament tree. Martha Stewart Halloween was half-price at the craft store today - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the cabinet is super cool! nothing so cool for us here,
    A. my dainty girl, Stella is scared of her own shadow, lol! and
    B. the wee folk would NOT be able to keep their mitts off of it, hence the reason our christmas tree is adorned with fabric wrapped ornaments, cranberries, and popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO envious of your cabinet of horrors! and all of your Halloween goodness! I want to be Sarah for Halloween!

    Are the mice expelled yet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your decorations are amazing! I can't imagine how much time you must spend putting them up and switching them for each holiday. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?