Thursday, November 06, 2008

Lucky me

Way back in July, someone who only signed her post "Holly" left me a super useful comment on this post . If there is any chance you are still out there Holly, can you shoot me an email? (You can find me email address in that FAQ link on the right.)

That comment was on my mind because this photo is of Jack before school yesterday. Ordinarily we wouldn't go outside to kick the ball or play before school in the morning, but with the time change and the resulting sleep disturbance, I find myself with more than a bit of wild child on my hands again at the moment. One of her suggestions was playing hard before school, so we are trying that one. Another was adding some supplements to his diet, and that is next on my list of things to do.

Turning four has certainly not been a magic bullet. (Not that I really expected it to be though.) Some things have definitely changed, but I can still see some areas with some work to do.
Anyway. It had been a long, long time since I found a new tablecloth. Sometime in the midst of Halloween/birthday party madness I found 4! This one is a huge wintery wilendure.

It's actually really dark green, either something is wrong with my camera or it doesn't really like the late afternoon light right now.
A super cute sort of calico one. (Probably better enlarged.)
This one is linen.
And my absolute favorite. I almost died when I found this one! Oh Florida, we miss you still.

With garage sale season ending, it was nice to find a few to add to the stash to tide me over during the long winter months. :-)

17 comments:

  1. Look at those great tablecloths! You are such a lucky gal when it comes to that stuff.

    I love finding state-themed linens I mostly find towels, though. A tablecloth is the jackpot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great!! It was your lucky day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, almost three is very challenging. You mean it's going to last even longer?!?! haha

    I found Isaiah standing in the kitchen eating from a bottle of cinnamon the other day. I just about died. When I put him in timeout and asked him if he had anything to say to me he said "thank you."

    Cute table loths!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the joy of late-season finds! These are nice! (My son got his driver's permit today. I rode with him for the first time. Just trying to make you feel better about 4-year-olds.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tablecloths are beautiful. Florida one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH, such great finds. I have some estate sale finds to post, but word press is acting up and will not let me post photos! UGGGGGGG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love those tablecloths! I'm a sucker for vintage linens!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, HOW do you always find such awesome things? Is there just a surplus of vintage quilts and table clothes in your town? I'm always looking for them, but I'm not as lucky as you!
    So fun!!! Keep playing hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The linen tablecloth is my favourite but they are all good finds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man.. I love that one with the red and light green flower pots. I would have that one right on the table.. right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! What wonderful tablecloths!! I've never seen that Wilendur before. Take care~

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow, love love love the florida one! Lucky you :)
    Hang in there honey! Some kids are very challenging. You are doing a good job as a momma, just keep loving him and talking. He is going to be a great kid when he grows up, just wait and see :)I had a very difficult daughter when she was little, and oh what a joy she is in our life :) Shes almost 18 now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, I love the Florida one! I cannot believe that I see tiny little Polk City on it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great finds! the calico is my favorite of the group...

    :) D
    The Chic Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. what cheery tablecloths - they could definitely brighten a cold day! is jack poking at a spider web full of leaves?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read your blog and just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I have a 3 year old who is autistic and a 10 year old who is bipolar. It took many visits and trying many medications with my 10 year old before we are finally seeing some progress. My 3 year old is autistic and we have known since he was 2 years old. There is such a broad spectrum when it comes to the autisum. I can only tell you early intervention is key. If you even suspect, try and get him help. Something is better than nothing at all. I hope this helps you. my blog is heartandrose@blogspot.com I hope you can find a way to help your son out. It can be so frustrating when you don't know what to do for them. take care Tami

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just discovered your blog and went back to read your July postings. I just wanted to share a little advice with you - a Momma's gut\heart feelings are always right about her child - after all we knew them before they emerged into the world. My eldest super bright, soft-hearted, quirky son - was finally diagnosed with very mild Aspergers when he was 13 - it was a relief to know what made him different. We are fortunate that for him it primarily affects his short term working memory and some of his social\emotional maturity skill sets that should continue to develop - the brain isn't fully matured until around age 25. Anyways my point is - I get the scary issues and concerns - our families have similar histories. But no matter what he is your child and you will always "know" him best - follow that instinct and things will work out for the best in the long run. Best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?