Saturday, November 01, 2008

Roarrrrrrrrr! And just like that...

And just like that, it's all over.

I am one tired mama. After the craziness of October, I need a vacation!

There were pumpkins:
a white and black glittery one,
a cute mouse house (yes, yes, I see the irony),
and my favorite, Peter, Peter, the pumpkin eater, complete with a black crepe paper hat*!
And there was my little sweetie pie, the lion. I thrifted the costume instead of making it this year because Jack *did* want input on his costume this year (a first), but he was absolutely non-committal and changed his mind every.single.day about what to be.
So, I just did what every good thrifter would do, and bought every cute costume that would fit him and let him choose. Just kidding, I bought 3 options and we had a hand me down choice. He loved the lion best. And so did I.
(My camera was really struggling with the changing light yesterday. And I hate that Halloween prop in the yard in all the photos, but Jack is four, and there was no redoing the "photo shoot".)
Also for the first time, we went trick or treating with a little friend. The boy across the street came running over and asked Jack to go out with him, so off we went. Too cute. Jack was a little sad the other boy was ready to go home a good 30 minutes before he was, but good times were had by all.

I love Halloween, visiting with all the neighbors, seeing the kids dressed up, seeing how much some of neighbors get into doing up their yards. It's all good fun and I am sad to see it go.

Until next year...

*Pumpkin ideas were from the October 2008 issue of Hallmark magazine. I fell head over heals in love with their fairy tale pumpkins. We made the carriage also.

9 comments:

  1. You are truly the Halloween Queen! Amazing pumpkins and Jack looks too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lion Jack is grrrrrreat!!! I love the peter, peter pumpkin eater pumpkin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on the pumpkins!! i love hallmark magazine!!
    what a cutie in the costume!1 :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun. His costume is really sweet. I'm sure he had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh! I love all of those great looking pumpkins. They're all fabulous ideas! (I need to check out that Hallmark Magazine. I've never looked at one before.) And, Jack looks adorable in that costume!

    I can't believe it's over, just like that. Now to get ready for the coming holidays! :)

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack looks so cute in his costume! I'm glad you guys had a great Halloween- Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jack looks so cute! I thrifted Isaiah a monkey costume, which kind of looks like jack's. It's really just a jacket, but he refused to wear the hood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh he is adorable! Isn't it fun to watch him interact with other little kids? So fun that he went with a buddy! Love the Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?