Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The bright side

Whew. November sucked. Thank goodness December has arrived.

Things are looking up a little.

Jack is taking mega expensive antibiotics and showing some improvement.

I might survive without mega expensive antibiotics.

Someone is coming to repair the dishwasher tomorrow.

My grandfather actually left the house and did something for himself instead of me doing it for him.

We've managed to play glowgolf (loads of fun for Jack), visit the zoo and see one of those drive through light thingys. So vacation wasn't a total loss (even if I did have to take kleenex and medicine with me everywhere).
We've had our first taste of snow. VERY exciting for Jack and I.
I won a give away over at Svelte Stuff and one of the things in the box was this horse ribbon. I just stuck it on this wreath in a hurry looking for a place to keep it, and I love it there. I've already purchased a ton of them from her, but if you haven't done so already, go now. You will not be disappointed with them.
I found some mushroom ornaments for the woodland tree at wal-mart of all places. Not toadstools, but still wickedly cool, and they are glass. (They are sitting on some old glass glitter bobeches I have had forever but can never decide the best way to use them at Christmas.)
Jack is at school today and since Dave is still home I drug him to the thrift store. He is a lucky penny ya know? And look what I found! Tin picnic baskets have been on my wish list for a long time.
And look what else I found. An instant collection. I loved these wreaths when we went to a vintage Christmas antique show when we still lived in Florida, but they were pretty pricey. I found three this morning just waiting for me. 2 are missing their little paper poinsettia decorations, but I am trying to think of ways to replace those.

In other exciting news: we actually have babysitting arranged for Jack on Saturday, I might get that tree in the mail to Shara before Easter, I slept all the way through the night last night, I thrifted an awesome Christmas present for Jack at an awesome price and getting out the ornaments makes my heart really sing.

Maybe I won't need to take up drinking after all.

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are closer to feeling better. I've been sick, too. No fun at the holidays or ever.

    By the way, I have some toadstool things. I picked them up thrifting a while back, but I don't have a place for them. They would totally work on your woodland tree. Send me your addy and I'll send them off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see the crisis appears to have passed. Those wreaths rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter is a bit off yet, so no worries! ;o)

    I don't drink either, but sometimes, I think throwing back a couple (or ten) might just take the edge off for another ten or twelve years or so. *hic*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep thinking those happy thoughts!

    Love the mushroom ornaments - may need to get some of those...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear things are sounding better.

    I have one of those wreaths! I thrifted it (get this) in the aqua and red box!! for about 2 bucks this summer. I was giddy about that one! Both the box and the wreath are in mint condition. I know that was a steal because they go for a lot more than that on Ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MUST HAVE THOSE MUSHROOM ORNAMENTS!! LOL Wal-Mart--who would have thought? And I was just there the other day but didn't check the Christmas stuff.

    Love the tin picnic basket! Lucky find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could use the glitter thing under your 'shrooms to replace the missing poinsettias on your red candle wreaths...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad things are getting better! I love the ribbon, it looks adorable. The wreaths are so great!!!! I need your hub to come shopping with me,I haven't had much luck lately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Things are looking brighter over there already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always make me laugh - maybe I won't have to take up drinking after all - ha! Sometimes I feel the same way - maybe someday things will get good enough that I can give up chocolate. Probably not though! I hope things keep looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear that things are on the mend. That's good news about your grandpa and about Jack. Here's hoping that YOU feel better soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:59 PM

    How neat when a temporary placement turns out to be an "I love it". I love it, too. You did good.

    Hope things settle down for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was me on that last post. LOL

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw Sarah, at least you haven't lost your sense of humor! LOL! I hope you two feel better soon!
    Great thrift finds!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?