Monday, December 08, 2008

Marshmallow madness

My woodland Christmas dreams are coming along rather nicely. While Jack was with Jenny on Saturday (reminding her that he is only allowed to use "washable markers!", which makes me laugh), Dave and I braved Macys.

We found adorable glass gnomes in three different poses...
and a GIANT Martha Stewart toadstool.

Jack is still convinced toadstools or mushrooms are marshmallows, and he could not believe how big this "marshmallow" was!
I really had planned on ordering some cotton mushrooms for the feather tree, but my money is always needed elsewhere this time of year.

So when I saw these 1970's vintagey mushrooms in a junk shop, I figured I could give them a makeover. (I've just wrapped their stems with floral tape in this photo to protect them from the first coat of spray paint.)
And with some paint they are adorable toadstools*.
Ready to be wired onto the feather tree. (Just a sneak peek, I will show you the whole thing soon. Decorating really is taking me a long time this year.)
I did tell you it was "marshmallow" madness around here, right? LOL

Dave bought me these most adorable teeny tiny glass toadstools for our anniversary. (These came from World Market.) I would love to have gobs and gobs of these, but they are sort of crazy pricey for tiny ornaments.
You know when I saw these gnome napkin rings in the antique mall they were going to be mine. They are hanging out at the base of the tree.

And with that, I am dreaming of a Woodland Christmas...

(Which was my original blog title until Jack reminded me of his "marshmallows.")

*Can't find any mushrooms to make over? Make your own with paper clay.

(Seeing if bloglines will ever pick this post up.)

13 comments:

  1. You are making me mushroom and gnome crazy! I bought some toadstools/mushrooms to put on the tree this year and am always on the lookout for vintage gnomes. Love your little one on the swing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm really looking forward to seeing more! Because, so far, I am LOVING your elves and toadstools and such!
    Oh, and I feel like I will NEVER finish my decorating - so I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your toadstool makeover. Adorable! And Happy Belated Anniversary...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, I can't wait to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloglines picked it up for me - those are awesome. Smart girl to repaint them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these gnomey mushroomy woodlandy things!!!! It is SOOOO taking me a long time to decorate this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mushroom make-over! Oh, and happy anniversary! :) Such a cute little family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, looks like a trip to Macy's is in order. LOL I have those teeny tiny shrooms from World Market too. Love them! Did you see the felt ones there too? I know they'd be easy to make but for $1 each (day after Thanksgiving) it was far easier to just buy them. Pier One also has a large glass red & white toadstool ornie but it's something ridiculous like $8 so I'm hoping to snag one if they go 50% off.

    Can't wait to see the whole tree! Love the sneak peeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the little mushrooms. I just got a really cool white one from an ornament exchange (I had to steal it from someone that had already opened it...we can steal at our exchanges) It hangs proudly on my tree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What darling darling things! Love the gnomes and mushroom thing. I like the gnome ornament. It is elfish! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marshmallows, that's funny! Your woodland tree is coming along quite nicely...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your little gnome napkin rings!! They are so cute!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the toadstools and gnomes! It's taking me forever to decorate too. Looks like you're in good company! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?