Sunday, December 28, 2008

She shoots, she scores!

I was browsing Craigslist on Christmas night while Jack was playing with his new toys when an ad for putz houses caught my eye. A few emails, a phone call, and one trip to the valley later, and I had 11 new houses in my hot little hands.
They are super sweet houses too. Candy colored, in pretty good shape, and big!
The village I did on the wooden tree stand was by far my favorite decoration this year, and I can't wait to rediscover these houses next Christmas.
I am going to need Dave to add another level to that tree though. LOL

I am in the midst of taking all of the Christmas stuff but the big sparkly tree. I hate this job and it takes forever! I have been at it for 2 days already.

Dave always says it feels like we are moving out when the Christmas stuff comes down. But this year I am kinda digging the house bare for awhile.

Besides, it means as soon as the mess is cleaned up I can start thinking about what kind of Valentine I am going to make for the Heart to Heart swap this year.

There are still a few spaces available, and if you would like to join in please email me at daisykins514@yahoo.com with HEART TO HEART as the subject.

Also, there is still time to get in on the giveaway at Jen's place , go pay her a visit!

Back to the grind with me. What are you all up to?

11 comments:

  1. I just left a comment and I don't know what happened to it!
    Great score on the putz houses! I'm so jealous! I'm excited to start spiffing up after Christmas too...but it'll be a long process. My family always yells at me for taking away Christmas every year around this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people are collecting these now. I just love them.. and remember we had a whole village of them when I was a little girl. don't know what happened to them.. bu I'm sure they are probably destroyed. You have an AWESOME collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stopped by to tell you that I made the button tree this year. Saved your post from last year and made it, I love it! Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year!
    karen
    recycledrita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. The only thing we ever see on Craigslist is stuff that is too good for the landfill!!! Those houses rock. I hear you on the difficulty of undecorating. I'm avoiding that, as well as our mutual nemesis: the pile of laundry. Maybe tomorrow? hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the little putz houses, i just learned about them about a week ago.:)
    i was reading back over your posts and got such a kick out of your little boy not wanting to miss out on the baby jesus. that is so cute!!
    i also did the same thing as you. we used some thrift items for gifts. it certainly helped alot. and like you, i was less stressed.
    is there any certain criteria for the heart swap?
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Putz houses on Craigslist? You are living right. (I liked your tower of houses, too!) Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah! I have been MIA from blogworld for the last little bit. I hope you guys had a great Christmas and are looking forward to a spectacular New Year!
    Great Score on the houses! I'm dedicating 2009 to really beefing up my vintage collections!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't Craigs List great for that sort of thing??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read Craigslist faithfully, but have only seen one vintage thing that interested me...a stack of old metal biscuit tin/lunchboxes which I would have LOVED to have -but they were $125.00 and this bargain hunter just couldn't justify that kind of money. I will find one someday at the thrift..RIGHT???

    ReplyDelete
  10. O Yuou lucky girl! I am green for those. Perfect colors.
    smiles
    "LibbY"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute houses, I am being educated by reading your blog. I have never heard these called that, but do remember them. YOu are lucky to have made such a find!

    I envy you your warm temps today, it wasn't bad for winter here today, sunny but 21! Your trip to the zoo looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?