Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cupcake Valentines

Earlier this week Jack and I sat down one afternoon and turned some cupcake wrappers I had in the cabinet into little Valentines. I plan to hang them on our Valentine tree, and I really love how they turned out.
This is my favorite of Jack's, sweet and simple.
Although I do have a soft spot for this deer which he cut from a vintage playing card too. ("Mom, this deer lost some of it's legs," he said.)
And this one he insisted was "just like yours!"

How about a few of mine?
I made a froofy bow with some old seam binding for this one.
I put some German paper roses on top of a tiny doily for this one.
This one is my FAVORITE, old velvet millinery flowers and leaves and glass glitter oh my!
I have been saving these birds since Heidi sent them to me many moons ago. They were perfect for this type of craft.
Oh my, the bee. The bee was the end of lovely crafting with Jack time. We had quite a row over the bee. LOL

Honestly, I could have made these all day.

The possibilities are totally endless. I just pulled out the boxes I keep all sorts of paper crafting odds and ends in, and we went to town. Stickers, labels, bows, flowers, hearts cut out of paper, glitter, wallpaper, doilies, playing cards, ribbons, buttons, pearls (I still have one idea kicking around that MUST.GET.OUT of my head), and so much more.

Ready to go dig out the cupcake wrappers yet?

The complete set of them will be up on Flickr, link over there on the right hand sidebar.

13 comments:

  1. Your favorite is my favorite, too! I love the combo of the millinery flowers with the silver-y leaves and glitter!

    :) Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sweet . What a good mum you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you and Jack had so much fun. Love the little ornaments! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I can pick a favorite-I love them all. And yes I'm ready to go dig out the cupcake liners-but I don't have any!! I will be buying some though! Too cute to not try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are sweet, Sarah. Pics of the tree??? We've got to see it all together...! You tease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming to visit me! I miss the days of making little crafts like that. My boys are teenagers. Time flies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea-easy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way too cute, my love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet ornaments, they all turned out great! Thank you for stopping by my blog, I will have fun reading through yours more.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply Precious Valentine ornaments! What a Darling craft idea to do with anyone... I ♥ the glitterieeee ones!

    Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment... I'm so glad you enjoyed the Dreaming 'n Swinging post... and, I do hope you'll be able to get your porch swing this Summer! I've enjoyed looking at your pretty blog and am anxious to read more... Please stop back by, anytime... God bless...

    ~hugs 'n prayers~

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  11. These turned out beautifully. What a great idea. Thank you for commenting on our blog. It is so nice to meet you! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your cupcake valentines....darling. That could be an art project to do with my son's kindergarten class.
    Thanks for visiting me at my blog yesterday, hope you come back again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I love the valentines. Especially Bee Mine. Of course. When my kids were little I refused to buy store valentines and we always made them. It seems like a lifetime ago. I don't know if I'd have the energy to do that with grandchildren. Not that I have any, but you know. You're a great mother.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?