Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Valentine tree

Well. I just spent more than an hour digging around in the pictures on my computer because I KNOW I took photos of this tree earlier this week when the sun was shining, but I cannot find them.

So these pics will have to do.

At least my photo folder is cleaned up now. LOL
Jack is dying to get in there and take all the ornaments off!
I happen to think this is the best Valentine tree yet. (I don't know why I cannot seem to find previous trees in the archives, but usually I just put strawberries on them.)
This year we have our cupcake valentines, Jack's beaded hearts, the strawberries made from walnuts, and old school valentines (which I finally figured out how to hang without making a hole in them!).
It's nice and full of fun stuff.

A bright, cheerful spot of pink and red when everything around us is gray and white.
We were supposed to get "big time snow" today. We barely have 2 inches and Jack is DYING to go sledding.

Where is all of our snow this year?

Massive bummer when you are 4 years old and just want to wear your snow pants and go "up and down the mountain." (Ha! We don't have any "mountains" really.)

Speaking of Valentines...the Valentines for the heart to heart swap are starting to arrive and oh man, there is some super fantastic stuff sitting in my sewing room right now.

I am like a kid at Christmas, I can't wait to see the rest of them!

13 comments:

  1. EEK! I love your tree! I want one! I hope Jack soon gets the snow he needs to go sledding! xo-Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your snow took a detour and is heading our way. We are supposed to get 6-12 more inches tonight :(

    I love your Valentine tree, I think I am going to give up on decorating anything for another year or two, Christmas and Braeden really broke my spirit this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the valentine tree.

    All of your snow is in my yard! Anytime you want to come and get it, is fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I love your tree!

    All of your snow was shipped to Minnesota this year. I am enjoying it, though! Hope you get a little for Jack to play in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sighhh, I always love your Valentine tree. Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Send Jack east to New York. We're getting 6 to 10 inches tonight. Of course we learned today that the 10-year-old snow blower is ready to blow. I'll take your 2 inches because I can shovel that.

    P.S. Love the valentine tree.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only is it your best tree yet, but it's the cutest one I've seen out there! Well Done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I never thought of having a tree full of Valentines. It is so sweet!

    We are supposed to be getting a major cold front tonight here in San Antonio....I won't hold my breath though, it's been cold in the mornings but then it gets muggy and warm in the afternoon. I miss the West Texas snow and ice back home!

    Have a great evening!
    Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tree is so wonderful! What fun memories you made!
    We got about 4 inches in Va. today and it has now all turned to ice. Should be a fun commute tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty tree! I will be interested in what you do with the bias tape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This tree is so beautiful. I love the lacy curtains too.
    Ugh. Would not want to go sledding with a 4 year old. But they do have lots of fun.. and it makes wonderful memories for them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your tree is adorable! i love the vintage ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want this! Seriously I want this. Now. Right this minute. I want to put it next to me and keep looking at it. I might print a color picture. This is darling.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?