Since my dresser is next to my bed and not a proper "night stand", I always have one of those bed pockets to hold pens, lotion, remote control, etc. in. As you can see, my current one had seen a better day. (And it was sweet too, sad.)
I had some suede kicking around I had picked up at an estate sale (I think she was making a skirt), and it seemed like a sturdier option for a bedside pocket.
This project whips up in less than 30 minutes, and is obviously a more traditional use of bias tape.
I also put a little on a lampshade. Originally I thought I would totally cover the lampshade with ruffles, but it was too much, so I just left one ruffle on the bottom.
Too bad I cannot make the ruffler foot work and I had to make the ruffle by hand!
Oh well, it helped passed the Superbowl time. :-)
I am officially out of the projects I had gotten made ahead of time this weekend. Here's hoping for a minute to myself today.
(And here's hoping for that warm front they are promising. This has been a really challenging week with the Jack attack. I need him to get outside and entertain himself soon. I am pretty sure we are both on time out overload.)