Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Bias Tape Brooch, Breaking News & Breakdown

Ok, I had a more exciting bias tape project planned for today, but Jackson is REALLY on a mission to drive me to a nervous breakdown today, and this is the only other photo I already had taken.

(And Blogger has the photos in the wrong order, but I don't have a second to spare to fix them.)
I used some of the bias tape and a scrap of suede to make a brooch. I put a HUGE vintage button in the center, you can see how the center sticks out in this photo.


And the breaking news, he actually took a nap yesterday. In our bed, which he has never done.

Oh sure, it took almost 2 hours of arguing with him, patting his back and telling him to stop singing, stop picking his nose and lie still, but, there it is.

2.5 hours of sleep in the middle of the day.

And no, I did not use the time to do the dishes.

8 comments:

  1. Super cute! I'm loving these biastape projects. That has to be the cutest tape ever.
    Wahoo for naps! I need to work with Luke on that more. He really still needs one every day, but he rarely takes one because Hannah doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee! A Nap! And hahaha...I started reading thinking....Who's Jackson? Oh...Jack! Very cute brooch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the brooch is wonderful! I want to try a few myself! Did Jack stay up all night after that long nap!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved nap time in our house. Cute brooch, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little flower is cute. oh nap time! If only they cooperated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dishes?! Sooo overrated! ;) There's always something else better to pick from!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that pillow. you've got skilllz!

    does he never take a nap? or just not in your bed?

    my boy stopped at about 2.5 years.
    but, once in a while, if he's a little sick, or just seems to need it, i can get him to lie down for a bit. i like the napless life. it frees up our schedule more, and bed time is a snap. but i know it is not like that for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?