Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A year in the making

Just before last year's visit from my in-laws, I decided we needed to redo Jack's room. (Yes, I am *that* crazy woman who will repaint the house before people come to visit. There. My secret is out.) We didn't get everything done in time. We repainted, hung new artwork, reorganized the toys, bought new curtains...
and moved Jack into his big boy bed.

I didn't finish the tree that was the inspiration for the whole thing.
Last night we finally finished the tree! Yipppeeee.
And it's cute too.
My smarty pants husband did all the work. I just cut and glued leaves.
I still need to order the wooden acorns that make the pegs, but hey, I am just happy it's finally done.

Now don't go looking for cat hairballs when you enlarge those photos! You will certainly find them. :-)

13 comments:

  1. the tree is absolutely gorgeous - what a fun idea!! :)

    I also wanted to let you know that I'm doing a painting challenge over at the blog, and thought you might be interested. hugs!

    Kristin
    http://reclaimingthehome.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love it! What a happy place for a little boy to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, it is too cute! Love the different patterned leaves.

    Have a great day, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tree is too cute for television! Are the in-laws there yet? Take deep breaths.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that tree! What an adorable addition to a kid's room.... I will file that away to do in a few years! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very cute Sarah and at least you got it done before Jack is grown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love that tree!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice - I think I need to come for a visit, sit under it and have a picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. his room is such a happy place! The tree looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine how cute that will be with the acorn pegs. I have a whole houseful of people coming in June and I think I'd better start now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool. We are in the middle of painting K's new room too and want to maybe paint white birds on the wall. Did you use contact paper for the tree? If not, how did you affix it to the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cheerful room. Love the tree! Did you make it out of wood? What about the leaves?

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?