Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Thank you so much for all of your words, thoughts, prayers, emails and offers of kindness this past week.

Truth be told, I am not ready to be back here yet.

Well, sort of. I find myself longing for normalcy, for our regular routines, but I also find myself reminded of everything that has happened in the last few months almost constantly. It's at every corner, on every thrift store shelf, in every mini van at the supermarket, on every magazine rack, you get the idea.

It catches me off guard really.

But my little half pint is suffering a bit. He clearly knows things have been going on here (even though he has been told nothing and we have made a serious attempt at life as usual for him). He is anxious and acting out, so I am going to do what I know how to do best - pull out the camera and take pictures.

And you know what that means, doing things that are worthy of picture taking.

Plus, I miss you guys. I miss your blog comments in my inbox, your emails about finding quilts, or making spool dolls, or trying to sort out the hexagon problem.

It gives me other stuff to think about.

I am going to try "blogging lite", a photo and few words while we keep marching on over here.

Today's photo: Jack's first day of "team sports", a bowling league. He loves bowling! It was a bit crazy, but fun. So fun that he has passed out in his bed at the moment and I am going to go enjoy the silence with a book instead of the 9 million hours of 90210 I have been watching.

Baby steps Sarah, baby steps. ;-)

See you soon.

10 comments:

  1. You might need baby steps, dear, but I'm sending you BIG HUGS still...

    Take care of yourself. We'll be here waiting for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back, even if it is only part time! So cute about the bowling league!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't knock the bowling leagues. There is actually really good scholarship money to be had in bowling. Encourage it!!!!!!

    We will take even the little bits of Sarah and Jack that we can get. You will come back to us full time when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to have you back... take it one post at a time. Enjoy your book and your rest!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute picture of Jack bowling! I didn't know kids could bowl so young! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogging lite - that's a great idea. As for bowling - never my strong point, but whatever works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really bowling is a VERY serious sport, not with me, but people are fanatics...Speaking of fanatics...I am a Sarah fanatic.. and will take your lite blogging! I also wish I lived near you so we could have 90210-fests, I miss that show and all the good memories of when that show was on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bowling is really fun and glad your back now.. i just crossed your blog this morning.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?