Friday, June 12, 2009

Dreaming

I didn't think I liked raspberries until we discovered them growing on the farm near our house.
Now I have developed an obsession with them.

I dream of their flowery, fruity, beautiful flavor all winter.
Even Jack is peaceful out there, picking berries quietly.

We've already picked 14 pints and made: raspberry buckle, raspberry muffins, raspberry syrup and more raspberry jam is on the way today if I have a moment to spare. (Jack was asking for the jam at the farm, we've been eating it all winter.)

Yummmmm.

9 comments:

  1. Do you have any special raspberry recipes that you'd love to share? I just love raspberries. I need to take the girls picking. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to see if we have a raspberry farm around here, we devour them and the are so expensive at the store. Plus not nearly as good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the raspberry farm--when we go, the kids always eat more than we get out with---the rest never make it home....Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our wild raspberries are just turning, So I sprung for some Vanilla ice cream in my shopping cart yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been picking our rasperries every night - only a handful at time, but they are very good. Our grapevines are absolutely full of grapes. Can't wait for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was good to hear about your project (last post) and see you have lots of fun things to do now. JT has decided that raspberries are his absolute favorite fruit, but, alas, raspberries don't grow around here, so he is dreaming of austria where we picked the wild ones along the road. raspberry jam sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still a dreaming of raspberries... our patches in the backyard aren't ripe until approx. July 4th!! Until then, enjoy some for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! I'd love to go to a raspberry farm, but I remember how much I hated the blueberry farm when I was a kid, so I stay away! Luckily, I've got a friend who shares her raspberries, and her rhubard too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ååh I just love raspberry!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?