Sunday, June 14, 2009

Heart of the matter

One of the things I like to do when we make that trip to Kansas for Thomas is to visit a city wide yard sale there. Usually I can fill up the car with treasures.

Not this year.

I am not having any luck here at home either. Yard sales yesterday, flea market today and I bought nothing. Not a single thing.

Maybe everything is crap. Maybe my heart just isn't in it lately. (Although I am leaning towards everything just being crap, lol.)

Here is what I did manage to buy in Kansas:
a piece of pottery;
a set of those german papier mache eggs I loved and started collecting this year...I didn't know they came in nested sets!;
and a way cool vintage Halloween costume that is actually fabric and not plastic. It rocks, but I wonder if I can clean it up and iron it?

I have been working on getting the new cabinet in place and that means rearranging furniture.

Which means cleaning out drawers.

Which means I am going to have some things for sale on my not very often used blog Clean out my closet . Check it out.

If you want to. :-)

2 comments:

  1. i haven't had much luck either:( what you did find is great though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:49 AM

    Am thinking you could hang the costume and steam it. Maybe hand wash.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?