Monday, June 15, 2009

Sewing

With the arrival of summer, my kitchen has returned to it's summertime state of 9,450,000 degrees in the afternoon. In the wintertime it is really dark in there despite the big patio door, so I usually just have lace sheers. (Yes, the chandelier is off center, it was just a last minute addition to get more light for wintertime dinners.)
Last year in Kansas I picked up yards and yards of this vintage fabric which screamed new kitchen curtains to me sometime in the past two weeks.

They are doing the job of keeping it cooler. And I love how they look like an old tablecloth.

Usually sewing curtains makes me curse up a storm, I can never get the measuring right and I always seem to cut them too short, ruining yards of fabric.

This time I draped the fabric over the curtain rod, pinned it in place on the rod and then cut.

Worked like a charm, no cursing needed.

10 comments:

  1. Your lovely curtains really showcase our beautiful pottery above the slider. How fun. Stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the best fabric ever! I so love it!!!!!!! Your pottery loooks amazing on that shelf! DROOLING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I'm not the only one who sews up some crooked curtains! And to make matters worse, my machine is broke, so I've been sewing everything by hand! Those curtains are so pretty and summery, but I could just stare forever at all of your pottery on the shelf---great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those curtains sure look cool and breezy. I was looking at the table cloth and need to go back and check out the pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how much I love that fabric. Yards of it? It's wonderful. The curtains are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your curtains! They remind me that I'm in need of new kitchen curtains....BADLY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful curtains! A lovely kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are so great! it is amazing how much curtains can help with the whole heating/cooling thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is some fab fabric - love those curtains! I wish it would warm up here though I'm not looking forward to any part of my house being a million degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you never ever exaggerate! LOL But I can appreciate how your kitchen must feel hot like that.....the plus side is that it is a perfectly acceptable excuse for not cooking.
    Love the curtains!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?