Wednesday, July 29, 2009

String of pearls


Awhile ago I picked up a wooden wreath form at a thrift store that had a scalloped edge. I let it kick around the craft room while I debated what to do with it.

Shells? Papers? Doilies? Buttons?

Nah, been there, done that.

Dig deeper.

Aha! Pearls.

So I took apart a few pearl necklaces/bracelets that I have had kicking around (some since I was a kid), and start gluing.
The pearls actually went a really long way, but I soon realized I had run out of the mid size beads.

When I went to the flea market this last Sunday I was on the hunt for pearls. Dave stumbled on this giant bear that was full to the top with junk jewelry and offered to buy it for me with his $10. (We usually try and split whatever cash we have between us so we can all buy something.)

After sorting through it when we got home I realized it had been about 1/3 of the way full of pearls.

Nice score Dave.
Yesterday I finally finished the gluing.

Well, I think.

I *might* add a second layer for some dimension. It's done for now though.
Even the leftovers look pretty.

11 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. I love the idea of using pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE!! It looks great hanging on the fence too!

    Molly

    ps, how's your kitty doing? Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!!! I always find amazing inspiration from your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love vintage pearls... this would be a great way to display them, instead of a jar! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, clever as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that Dave. That's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! Love it, love it! How many pearls did you glue to your fingers? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?