Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Waiting on the sun

I am waiting on the sun before I can show you THE most amazing find ever.

In the meantime, here is more stuff I have managed to dig up lately.

I did say the junk is flowing freely again right? (This isn't even all of it, and it is ALL good. Oh my.)
A pretty tablecloth.
With a pretty big hole in it. And when I washed it another pretty big hole developed. Ugh.

Oh well, put them to the back of the table and carry on. Life is messy anyway.
These are new but I love them. Mercury glass candle holders. Still searching for the perfect way to use them. I am thinking toothbrushes and stuff.
I *think* this is a chocolate mold. My husband is the one who actually spotted it. It was the kind of yard sale that is so close to being great, but most of the stuff was more rustic primitive (think dark red, wood tones, big metal stars, etc) than my stuff.

I've been wanting to buy this book and try my hand at some papier mache crafts and this will be perfect for that.

Jack and I have been working like dogs at getting our to do list whittled down. There have been haircuts and groceries stores and mail pick ups and bowling leagues and vacuum cleaners and toilet bowls and on and on. It's time for me to forget about Mt Tide (aka the laundry) and have a lemonade. :-)

8 comments:

  1. it kills me to see everyone great finds knowing I can not go out and find myself some with the packing and moving:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the twin sister to your tablecloth at a sale a couple of weeks ago. At the time I thought...gray & pink? Not really my colors, till the lady at the sale said...50 cents for that. For 50 cents I can love any color combo! LOL *elaine*

    ReplyDelete
  3. i recently went to an estate sale and picked some things up for you, believe it or not, because they are so you and you said you were in a dry spell. i'll explain more later...i also found those button covers. And since you seem to always find stuff i like, i thought we just might do a mini swap between us. Interested? When i get back in town i'll send you some pics of what i'm talking about unless you want them to be a surprise. They are right up your alley. I'll send them to you anyway...i just thought a swap might be kinda fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tablecloth, of course. I few holes never bothers me. Fold it right, stick in the cabinet and no one is the wiser.

    That acorn chocolate mold is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the universe is rewarding you with good junking karma for all the crap you've been dealing with lately. ;)

    Can't wait to see the most amazing find ever...heck, I don't even know what it is but I'm jealous already! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice finds! I can't wait to see what the REAL find is! :)

    And that book you mentioned looks like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you're on the good finds trail! I love living vicariously through you! xo-Mel

    ReplyDelete
  8. let the good junk flow!! love your finds - that mold is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?