Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's a scrappy world

The last of the recently acquired quilts, this was the other one on the basement floor at an estate sale several weeks back.
Not a spectacular pattern or anything, but being a lover of all old fabrics, I love investigating all the bits and pieces she used to make this scrappy wonder.
The yellow with the fruit is pretty wonderful.

Thank you for all of your thoughts on the last post. A lot of you mentioned walking, and I had already decided that morning before I posted to start doing that with Jack every morning.

And of course I have been makin' projiks like crazy. :-)

Anyway, I am feeling a bit better already. I think my girlfriend was right and it just takes awhile for the stress hormones to actually evacuate once things start to calm down.

I am trying to focus on the fun parts - designing a kitchen! a dining room with a farm table in front of the fireplace! main floor laundry! and just "let go and let God" with the rest. I'll be sure to let you know how that works out, LOLOLOL.

We are off to the Chicago area for a few days of rest* this weekend, so I will see you next week.

*And IKEA (see aforementioned kitchen reno) and flea markets and the beach and perhaps a visit to legoland. ;-)

10 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip. I'm going to have to hit an estate sale this weekend...all of your awesome finds have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a lovely weekend! A little R&R always helps me get some perspective on the big picture.

    I tried to think of some words of advice to offer on your last post, but since my kids had a much harder time with this move than I had imagined, I didn't know that I had much to offer. It will probably help that Jack is already familiar with the house though. And if you move while he is in school (will you be able to keep him in the same one?) having the routine of going to school every day, even if it's a different one from before, will help.

    Have fun with the planning stages of your renovation - it sounds like it will be a lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quilt too! Have a fun and relaxing trip! The new house plan sounds FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This time I am super jealous. Not the trip, but the quilt. I think this is my favorite that you have found. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeek! What a great quilt! Have a great getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I wish I knew you were going! I have an Ikea shopping list made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoyed your weekend away. I have struggled with anxiety for several years and I still don't know what the magic ticket is. Luckily, I've been good for quite a while now but I think it's because I've finally learned to 'do what's best for me first' instead of always 'doing what's best for others' as I'm naturally prone to do. Basically, thinking of yourself first and doing what is best for you--so that in turn you can do what's best for others. (It's just that it's so hard for us girls to do that sometimes!)

    I know for me, it always helps to be able to talk about it (or blog about it). Just sharing it helps to make it a little better, to know you're not the only one who deals with this kind of thing. And, mostly, (I realize this can be the worst part!) it just takes time...

    I don't have any advice on the move. I wish I did! I hope it goes well. We've moved quite a few times and every time the kids were just as excited as we were. I know you'll do great with helping him to adjust!

    I love this quilt! You always have the best 'quilt' luck.

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your trip was great! What fabulous quilts you found. I am of the category of rarely finding any! At least any that I can afford!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?