Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Paper cutting, I'm obsessed

First let me say these are not great photos. I love blogging, but the photo taking part is not my favorite part. LOL I simply don't have time to wait for the right light, blah blah blah.

I made Dave a paper cut squirrel Valentine this year, and I knew I loved paper cutting right then. It's hard to find good templates though, so I didn't spend much time doing it.

A week or so ago I rediscovered a blog with templates, Scherenschnitte , and I have been cutting non-stop ever since. (All of the paper cuts here are from her free templates).
The colors on this photo are just plain bad, but I love the pink cowboy and his cowgirl on the green flowers.
The bicyclist reminds me of Dorothy and Toto.
This was a pre-cut piece of paper I bought at Archivers last year, I just cut it into a heart shape.
A mama hen and her chicks.
And my absolute, to die for favorite, toadstools! I mounted this one on a fancy piece of round paper.

I think part of what I like about this craft is the combining of the patterns on the papers. But I am seriously struggling with finding good papers. I need more solids and papers with tiny, tiny patterns. I've tried both Archivers and Michaels with no real success. Any suggestions?

7 comments:

  1. I checked my resources for bookbinding and came across Paper Source, Hollander's & The Paper Place. Let me know if you need any links, I didn't want to clog up your comments :) I have a list of about 30 bookbinding bookmarks, so let me know if you want more -- many of them sell beautiful paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commend you on your paper cutting skills! I have neither the patience nor probably the coordination for it. My favorite is the red bike!
    I agree with you on picture-taking being my least favorite part of blogging. I hate it! And when I look at the pictures that Barbara @ Oodles and Oodles takes, I hate my picture-taking even more! It's definitely the camera, not me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! Love the girl on the bike. Do you have a mom & pop scrapbook store nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really cute...I can't say that I have ever tried paper cutting. I'm afraid if I do tho I would be hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this. It couldn't have been at a better time. I already made one like the one in your last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:38 PM

    If you haven't checked out this website you should.. snippety gibbet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! At three dollars a pair I don't blame you!

    Did you use an exacto for the flowers and dots!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?