Sunday, August 09, 2009

With apologies to Barbara

Dave woke me up before the chickens were even up this morning, dressed and with his shoes on.

"Ready to go to the market?" he chirped.

"Are you insane?" I growled and pulled the covers over my head.

Jack was awake not 5 minutes later, so off we went anyway.

I was wandering around out there grumping. It's bloody hot. Half the vendors didn't even bother to come today! I kept thinking "and people like Barbara think this is some kind of vintage quilt paradise!" (And then I wished I had my camera with me so I could show what the flea market is REALLY like*, complete with chickens and stray kittens needing home and piles and piles of junk.)

And then I heard her siren song.

I've been wanting to add a Texas Star quilt to my collection for quite some time now.

This is not exactly the Texas star, but close enough.
Wow.

I am seriously lucky.
She's a beauty, no?

So sorry Barbara.

This year the flea really IS a vintage quilt paradise!

I have a few other quilts that are piling up that I have been waiting to show you. (I am sure you will be shocked to hear that quilt cabinet is filling up.)

And when I am done showing them to you I have another one that needs one of you to give it a good home.

Oh yes I do.

11 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the title, I knew you has scored another quilt. Although I am not a quilt collector like you, I do appreciate and love them. But, this one is a real beauty and I would have bought it too!

    PS I think Barbara does quite well with her own finds.....;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. We had a rough night, so there ws no way I was going out in the crazy heat this morning! Great quilt, but today I will take sleep LOL!
    * my word verification is irooni (irony right)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are the queen of quilts! It is torture not going out to hunt for goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on the search for a texas star too. I think it's my favorite and i don't think i have the patience to make one so i'm hoping i'll score one someday. We're heading to a big flea market next weekend and am hoping to score something on my wish list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEVER see quilts!
    It's been the same weather in Va as you have out there...(my brother lives out your way)..it makes it hard to even BREATHE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You ARE Lucky!!! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you build it, they will come, eh? Maybe I need to build myself a quilt cabinet and I will start to find some...a girl can hope, can't she.

    It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously girl. You have major quilt mojo! There's no other way to describe it! That's one gorgeous quilt. I haven't found a quilt, in my price range, in years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You have the Quilt Fairy Magic. What a great quilt to add to your collection.

    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is what I came home to: you and YET ANOTHER QUILT! I'm debating on whether to accept the apology. OK, I did. It is lovely. And I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the design..can you teach me on how to do that..? BTW..!!did you have an info regarding the lake of the ozarks..??if yes, can you share it to me..??

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?