Thursday, September 17, 2009

More of the 61 mile yard sale

We are spending so much time at the other house that everything is a mess around here! I still hadn't photographed OR put away all the stuff we bought on Labor Day weekend at the 61 mile yard sale. Oof.

Here's some more of the loot. One more day should wrap it all up and then I can finally have it all put away. (Just in time for a metric ton of stuff from my grandparent's house to be moved out and over here. Have no clue where to go with that stuff.)

At the very first yard sale we stopped at I bought a big box of party stuff for 50 cents. I was a little leery of that box actually, it looked like it had been sitting in a barn for awhile and I am skeeeeered to death of yucky mice. LOL

It was full of treasure (and no yucky mice!).
Noisemakers galore. Love the blue ladies on the right.
Party horns. That crepe paper one is awesome.
Party hats. Love that blue crepe paper (it says Happy New Year) and the Birthday hats on the ends.
And an assortment of other noisemakers.

I have some other noisemakers I bought a long time, so the collection is growing by leaps and bounds!

I am off to do some dishes and some laundry and some sweeping and some tidying and some toilet bowl cleaning and some freaking out about how we are going to get the garage empty today before the flooring comes tomorrow. Yiiipppeee!

P.S. I updated the links list today, in case you need new blog chow.

8 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Well worth the 50 cents paid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful box of treaasures! I LOVE old party stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous. You found amazing stuff for .50 cents. Celebrations all around!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great deal for 50cents! SO fun. Good luck with all your chores~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I'm thinking even a dollar and you'd have gotten a great deal. Lots of great stuff there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. $0.50?!?
    You are a yard sale Goddess.
    For real.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you've probably been asked this before...but have you been to "the world's longest yard sale"? It runs from (I think) Ohio to Alabama. We've been on the section from Alabama but stopped somewhere in Tn.
    127sale.com has info on it. 654 miles of yard sales! It's a site to see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like it was SO MUCH FUN! We may have to go next year.:)

    Also wanted to let you know that I am having a big giveaway on the blog and sign-ups last until Sunday night! The giveaway was given to RTH by the ever-inspiring author of Craft Nectar. Hope to see you there! :) http://reclaimingthehome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?