Sunday, September 20, 2009

Progression

I am quickly losing track of time as we are swallowed up in home reno at the new house.

Want to see how things are coming along in the last week?

Nearly all of the demo is done and we are almost ready for spraying the odor killing primer over everything.
This used to be a laundry chute to the basement. Right now you can see through to the living room through that hole, but soon it will be a bigger linen closet.
This was the super tiny (and once upon a time pink!) master bathroom. It will be a bigger (pink!) master bathroom soon.
The front entry hall, complete with 1970 linoleum.
Bye bye ugly lino.
Whoa, it looks so much brighter in there already. My antique mirrors are going to go on that wall where the mirror tile was.
Steps to the basement. That empty spot at the back used to the a small pantry that hung over the steps.
The "family room", not all the way cleaned out yet. Sorry.
Demo on the fireplace.
The "family room" with demo complete. We opened up the hallway entrance too. This is going to be my dining room. I took the picture from the kitchen, behind where the half wall used to be. It's so big and open now!
And the bushes are starting to come out in the front yard also. (They are blocking too much sunlight.) I want a rose garden in the front bed.

It's been a whirlwind few days.

And I can kind of hear my grandparents rolling over in the grave as we tear apart their house. "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh Sarah! I paid a lot of money for that brick!" "Arrrrrrrgh, Sarah! Those were perfectly fine bushes." "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, Sarah! Have you lost your mind?"

I wish they were here to eat dinner at my new dining room table with us when it's all done. And beautiful.

(I miss you both).

11 comments:

  1. Fun to see the progress, It is going to be wonderful when it is all done so exciting! Still don't have a place in CA- freaking out a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like things are coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you guys have done a ton of work already! It sounds like you have a great plan and are executing it well. Change is always hard, but your grandparents would surely have appreciated all the hard work and care you are putting into the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did mean demolition, didn't you? I think you're making fabulous progress. Can't wait for the house tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu guys have been super busy! I think you appreciate it more when you put so much work into it.
    Can't wait to see the finished house! :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much work for you guys to do but so rewarding. Can't wait to see how it all goes
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sarah! You weren’t kidding! What a lot of work. I can’t wait to see it when it’s finished (and I bet neither can you). My only advice is about the roses. The previous owner put them in front of our house, and I hate them. They don’t look good in the winter at all. It may just be the type of roses they planted, I don’t know. As soon as I can figure out what we want there, out they go. I think I’m going to try and move them to a better location. And they were a pain when the house painters came because they are too close to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great that you can do all the changes before you move in and not while you are trying to live there.

    I know you miss your grandparents and this is hard. But, I have to say, reading them saying "Arggggh" made me picture them both as pirates. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a lot of work! Now the REAL fun begins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure that your grandparents are happy you are making it a home for you and your family. (and if they are not well they should be! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?