I had this idea brewing for several months before I got around to making it, and then it took me a solid two months to actually make it.
I thought it might be fun to translate some of my favorite quilt patterns into cross stitch designs.
So I started with the one pattern I thought I was least likely to make as a quilt (because of how labor intensive it is), grandma's flower garden.
It turns out it is just as labor intensive to make it in cross stitch. LOL
But I am really in love with the result.
It was easy to find embroidery floss in great vintage colors. The green is actually "nile green", that great green you see in a lot of 1950's quilts. (It is just dark and rainy here today and I did not want to put off blogging this any longer.)
Sorting out how I wanted to finish the edges and what size it ended up being was a little trickier. I would have preferred it one row shorter, but then the two ends wouldn't match.
This framing is a little crooked. And it's temporary. I still haven't thrifted the perfect frame for it yet.
I have an idea for another one kicking around, but it's a secret until I get to it!