Thursday, October 15, 2009

Momentary detour with sock skeletons

EDITED: Ladies, you make me laugh! Is this a better photo of the skeleton for you? LOL The, ahem, x-rated version has been moved to the bottom. Although I do feel obligated (as a biology teacher and all) to mention that SKELETONS don't have those parts. That's all I'm saying. Haha.

It has been so cold and rainy here for what feels like forever.

It is starting to get to me.

My other house is experiencing some significant delays. We are moving like molasses over there. It will get done! It will get done! (Is that mantra working yet?)

It is starting to get to me.

Jack is going to be FIVE YEARS OLD in a few days. Really? Is that even possible? Wow. I am pretty sure I will blink and he will be 20. I want this to be a nice birthday for him. We are into the years he will remember forever at this point. But the non stop rain and my real lack of advance planning (for the first time EVER I might add), are well...

Starting to get to me.

So I did what I always do when freaking out. Stop doing everything of "importance" and make something I saw on the television while eating lunch one day.

Never mind that I cannot even get to the sewing machine because there are boxes and piles of moving stuff in that room! Never mind that I have already lost the only spool of white thread! How can you not make that cute skeleton immediately?

Isn't that what everyone does when life is starting to get to you? :-)

Directions here , courtesy of that evil Miss Martha Stewart.

**Why, yes, she is always the source of the trouble Barbara. LOL

15 comments:

  1. Your skeleton appears to have an extra bone! I had to reread to make sure I didn't miss a joke reference in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah. I was a little shocked when I first saw the picture. But after looking at Martha I see that he just has really long arms. Cute idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw the skeleton segment on Martha YESTERDAY...you didnt'waste anytime popping that skeleton out - they are really cute. When is Jack's bday - Kates is turning 16 on the 26th! Sounds like we are both doing the birthday crazy dance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I do that too. When things get crazy, I kind of shut down and nothing of importance gets accomplished. I think that's your brain's way of telling you that you need to take a break!

    Love the sock skeleton. I have saved the pattern for future reference... but right now I have other things to do haha.

    Hope the birthday party goes well. You're right - blink and the next 15 years will be gone. My daughter turned 17 in the summer and started grade 12 this year. Where did the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Helloooooo Mr. Skeleton!

    *Couldn't resist a snarky comment..." :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool - you did one after all!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what I enjoyed more - the original photo, the comments that followed or the thought of you posting another picture at lightning speed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Much better! I hesitate to comment about bones, since I don't know you, but everyone with little boys has to appreciate body humor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Extra bone and all!! We're are insane with Halloween projects at our house right now.

    Best wishes with the house construction. I'm sure the stress level is high right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been busy! I haven't acomplished a darn thing. Though I do have your swap box already to go out tomorrow.

    I think I need to watch more TV. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL @ last photo!!
    Sometimes when we are so much in a rush to do one certain thing...it's good to step back and do something totally not with what you should be doing. Fresh starts are good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha -- you have quite the clever readers! That last picture is too funny -- Love the cute little skeleton. And I can guarantee you that you'll blink and Jack will be 20 -- it's happened to me twice and it's OH SO SAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do the same thing... craft when I am overwhelmed! The second skellie photo is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww... He looks much happier in the original picture - and much prouder, too. haha. Poor Skellie.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?