Tuesday, October 20, 2009

On the first day of Halloween

On the first day of Halloween, the Great Pumpkin gave to me:
A wonderful new fireplace at the new house...
the old one was apparently home to many a bird, eww. That was in my attic!
A quickly crafted Halloween banner, made with dollar store coasters, glitter stickers and some crepe paper...
with cute goblins on each end.
I really wanted to use my chipboard glitter letters but they are lost forever in my gigantically messy sewing room right now. And the fabric store didn't carry those. The glitter stickers are not so easy to see though. :-( It says Happy Halloween.

And one 5 year old well visit that made me laugh. "Jack, can you count to 10?" "Jack, do you know your ABC's?" Mwhahahahaha. I just picked up a book and had him start reading it instead. (Stats: 43.5 inches and 44 lbs.)

I am off to try and take more photos for the Halloween countdown. It is supposed to start raining again and rain for days and days. Boooo to that.

7 comments:

  1. So adorable and looks like fun to make and EASY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited about the count down! I remember it last year. What dollar store are you going to, because I went to the dollar tree and it didn't have anything good except plastic spiders (for costume). Do I just need to go earlier or is it a different store?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Jack. didn't make 45#s! Couldn't you have put a couple of rocks in his pockets or something??!
    Looking forward to the rest of the Halloween countdown! Keep it going (puhlease.).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see how you decorate your new fireplace. Happy Halloween, friend! We're up to our eyeballs in Halloween decorations. I wouldn't want it any other way. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah!
    I love your idea...so sweet that I'll have to run to the craft store and try my hand at it! I've really missed reading your blog but I'm back now and I have a lot of catching up to do!

    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, LOVE the garland!!! So adorable. I am going to link to it from Dollar Store Crafts!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?